Overprovisioning vCPUs

I've purchased an asROCK Z370M board and an i5-8400 for a 4-seat moba setup. Will be using low profile GT 1030s in each slot, IOMMU layout permitting.

My question is around the over-provisioning of CPU cores, in my mind it should not be difficult to assign 2 cores to each virtual machine and then let the KVM scheduler handle it. Considering I have run games like dota and league of legends fine on machines that struggle to reach 100 multicore on cinebench I doubt performance would be an issue, my main worry is whether unRAID will actually allow me to provision vCPUs like this. Otherwise I'll have to use vSphere

57 minutes ago, kuronanashi said:

I've purchased an asROCK Z370M board and an i5-8400 for a 4-seat moba setup. Will be using low profile GT 1030s in each slot, IOMMU layout permitting.

My question is around the over-provisioning of CPU cores, in my mind it should not be difficult to assign 2 cores to each virtual machine and then let the KVM scheduler handle it. Considering I have run games like dota and league of legends fine on machines that struggle to reach 100 multicore on cinebench I doubt performance would be an issue, my main worry is whether unRAID will actually allow me to provision vCPUs like this. Otherwise I'll have to use vSphere

Sure you can do that.