Parity-Sync Speeds

So am I correct in reading that the only way to fix the issue with the Samsung drives is to move them to an separate SATA controller that isn't AHCI? There's nothing I could do for the onboard controllers? Did you notice any other performance hits with these drives outside of parity rebuilds/checks?

6 hours ago, Trap said:

So am I correct in reading that the only way to fix the issue with the Samsung drives is to move them to an separate SATA controller that isn't AHCI?

Correct.

6 hours ago, Trap said:

Did you notice any other performance hits with these drives outside of parity rebuilds/checks?

No.

12 hours ago, Trap said:

So am I correct in reading that the only way to fix the issue with the Samsung drives is to move them to an separate SATA controller that isn't AHCI?

You might find that it's possible to switch two of the motherboard SATA ports (SATA3_4 and SATA3_5, for example) into non-AHCI (IDE) mode. Page 52 of the manual says you can switch between AHCI, RAID and IDE but it isn't clear whether you can select IDE mode on individual ports or if it's a global option.

2 minutes ago, John_M said:

You might find that it's possible to switch two of the motherboard SATA ports (SATA3_4 and SATA3_5, for example) into non-AHCI (IDE) mode. Page 52 of the manual says you can switch between AHCI, RAID and IDE but it isn't clear whether you can select IDE mode on individual ports or if it's a global option.

AFAIK Intel controllers, unlike some AMD, are all or nothing, and would not recommend using an onboard controller in IDE mode, IMO either live with it or get a cheap non AHCI controller.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, johnnie.black said:

AFAIK Intel controllers, unlike some AMD, are all or nothing, and would not recommend using an onboard controller in IDE mode, IMO either live with it or get a cheap non AHCI controller.

Thanks for that j.b. Two of my servers have AMD A88X chipsets that do allow it. Personally, I'd get rid of the disks!