[Plugin] Mover Tuning

23 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

I changed the master schedule to daily in a few min....will test to see if it works.  

You can also set a few things to review logs instantly.

1.) Enable Logs (top of page)

2.) Move Now button follows config: Yes (Near bottom)

3.) Test Mode: Yes (Last option at bottom)

Then hit move now.  Review the logs to make sure your options are acting how you expect.

Once you have it set to your liking, set the test mode to No.

1 minute ago, hugenbdd said:

You can also set a few things to review logs instantly.

1.) Enable Logs (top of page)

2.) Move Now button follows config: Yes (Near bottom)

3.) Test Mode: Yes (Last option at bottom)

Then hit move now.  Review the logs to make sure your options are acting how you expect.

Once you have it set to your liking, set the test mode to No.

Thanks!  Where do the mover logs go?  

Thanks for everyones help, the test worked great...now i can fine tune the amount of days to keep media on based on how high i want the fullness to be.  

Right now i guess i'll shoot for around 85%, that would leave me room if i need to get multiple season or something.  

3 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

Thanks!  Where do the mover logs go?  

Thanks for everyones help, the test worked great...now i can fine tune the amount of days to keep media on based on how high i want the fullness to be.  

Right now i guess i'll shoot for around 85%, that would leave me room if i need to get multiple season or something.  

They go to the syslog, which you can see with the log icon (upper right).  if you hover over it, it will say log. (Next to the ?)

85%, Update your "Move All from Cache-yes shares pool percentage:" from 80 to a higher % then.  Probably around 90 or 95%.  Or just don't use it.

Edited by hugenbdd
10 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

They go to the syslog, which you can see with the log icon (upper right).  if you hover over it, it will say log. (Next to the ?)

85%, Update your "Move All from Cache-yes shares pool percentage:" from 80 to a higher % then.  Probably around 90 or 95%.  Or just don't use it.

It doesn't even seem that the % is working.  Its set to 75% but it just moved old media off and my cache is at 81%

ultimately i would like the Move on this % set to 90%ish, that would leave me 400gigs, i dont think i'll download that much in 1 day.  

Edit: i may have spoke too soon....i think the mover is still going

Edited by danimal86
47 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

i hope this isn't heading towards 0%

image.png.8949670c998f052e9c18c73e89476065.png

1 hour ago, danimal86 said:

i hope this isn't heading towards 0%

Need to see the logs and the associated find commands.  You can run the find command (Minus the | /usr/sbin/mover piece) to see what files it will be/is moving.

I have a release coming up in the next few weeks that changes to a file list, so when testing you can review the file list instead of logs.  (also will support GUI if your willing to change internal files)

41 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

Need to see the logs and the associated find commands.  You can run the find command (Minus the | /usr/sbin/mover piece) to see what files it will be/is moving.

I have a release coming up in the next few weeks that changes to a file list, so when testing you can review the file list instead of logs.  (also will support GUI if your willing to change internal files)

It's down to 40% so it's pulling everything off the cache. 

I'll try to look at the logs tomorrow

13 hours ago, hugenbdd said:

Well, its down at 2%, so it ignored the tuning profile and just did a standard move.  

image.png.d866a28348fcd33666f9a03652c8f8cd.png

I used Krusader and went into /usr/sbin and couldn't find anything labled mover.  I must have not had logging enabled for the move.  

Edited by danimal86
42 minutes ago, danimal86 said:

Well, its down at 2%, so it ignored the tuning profile and just did a standard move.  

I used Krusader and went into /usr/sbin and couldn't find anything labled mover.  I must have not had logging enabled for the move.  

would be under /var/log directory.  in syslog or possibly syslog.1

Without seeing the log it is hard to tell what caused it to move everything.  I highly suggest using test mode with logging enabled to get the config how you want.

1 hour ago, hugenbdd said:

would be under /var/log directory.  in syslog or possibly syslog.1

Without seeing the log it is hard to tell what caused it to move everything.  I highly suggest using test mode with logging enabled to get the config how you want.

I did just do a mobo/cpu swap, would it have been cleared out with the reboots?

image.png.347626ca53fda2924493539398020330.png

Its no biggie for now, i'll try doing some tests when my cache gets closer to filling up in a couple months.  Maybe your update will be out by then.  It sounds like its going to be some cool additions.  

14 hours ago, Nathan C said:

is Mover Tuning plug-in now compatible with the new Unraid 6.12.0-rc1 release?

It looks like it runs no problems.  There are some PHP errors which ultimately need to be fixed (but aren't visible to the user anyways) but operation *appears* to be fine.  That being said, I don't particularly use this plugin.

Can anyone help me? I can't figure out CA Mover Tuner to save my life, it seems like it is not finding the paths correctly to my file to move. It throws a No such file or directory, here is the trail: 

image.thumb.png.2697c86263e3b593fc1044445bfb5052.png

Through my troubleshooting it seems, for whatever reason, the plugin thinks my share/folder is capital M in media when it in fact is not: 

image.png.5265c37925a47c5bbcc1d8296dd305a3.png

Here is me performing a find on a capital M (what the plugin is doing)

image.png.89ecf886d7d2b11fb69065ec4ffc50e8.png

But if I do: find /mnt/mediacache/media it will work successfully and list all my files. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I would love to use this awesome plugin but don't know where I went wrong, here is my config file for the plugin

image.thumb.png.33abe9088872a9bdfa77242fb430a6dd.png

7 minutes ago, C_Simler said:

Can anyone help me? I can't figure out CA Mover Tuner to save my life, it seems like it is not finding the paths correctly to my file to move. It throws a No such file or directory, here is the trail: 

Through my troubleshooting it seems, for whatever reason, the plugin thinks my share/folder is capital M in media when it in fact is not: 

image.png.5265c37925a47c5bbcc1d8296dd305a3.png

Here is me performing a find on a capital M (what the plugin is doing)

image.png.89ecf886d7d2b11fb69065ec4ffc50e8.png

But if I do: find /mnt/mediacache/media it will work successfully and list all my files. 

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I would love to use this awesome plugin but don't know where I went wrong, here is my config file for the plugin

Was the name ever changed?

Check out this directory.   ls -ltr /boot/config/shares/ 

There is probably a Media.cfg file instead of a media.cfg file.

Make a backup someplace else and rename the file.

58 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

Was the name ever changed?

Check out this directory.   ls -ltr /boot/config/shares/ 

There is probably a Media.cfg file instead of a media.cfg file.

Make a backup someplace else and rename the file.

Yeah I am newer to Unraid (been running 6 months now) so my shares went through a few changes before I settled on something. Here is what that command output: 

image.png.ac7a63102a9d4f6312fce983c926fa09.png

So looks like you were right! and just to clarity, after a back up, I change the Media.cfg to media.cfg? correct? 

Thanks for the super fast help, I really appreciate it! 

Edit: I made the change and this did fix my issue for the mover plugin! Thanks so much! 

Edited by C_Simler
48 minutes ago, C_Simler said:

Yeah I am newer to Unraid (been running 6 months now) so my shares went through a few changes before I settled on something. Here is what that command output: 

image.png.ac7a63102a9d4f6312fce983c926fa09.png

So looks like you were right! and just to clarity, after a back up, I change the Media.cfg to media.cfg? correct? 

Thanks for the super fast help, I really appreciate it! 

Yup, backup somewhere else and just rename.   If there is an issue you should be able to rename back to capital and I will try to come up with a solution in the plug-in.

2 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

Yup, backup somewhere else and just rename.   If there is an issue you should be able to rename back to capital and I will try to come up with a solution in the plug-in.

Just tried and it worked flawlessly! Thank you so much for this plugin and the instant support! 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Squid said:
Mar 30 23:00:03 Tower root: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/ca.mover.tuning/age_mover: line 305: [: -gt: unary operator expected

shareCachePool does not seem to be set for several shares.

Suggest adding it in the share config like what data has.

shareCachePool="cache_nvme"

Edit: this shouldn't be causing it to crash, just an entry in the log.

Edited by hugenbdd
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I've been having an issue since updating to rc2. The plugin has been working great for me since in added it months ago. After the update, I've noticed that it won't move anything. It seems to see the pool usage as 1% always. I'd assume this is because my cache is zfs? Here is a piece of the mover log. Any ideas?

Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Share Name Only: data
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Cache Pool Name: ssd_unraid_cache 
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: ssd_unraid_cache Threshold Pct: 
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: OVERALL Threshold: 0
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Share Path: /mnt/ssd_unraid_cache/data
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Pool Pct Used:   1 %
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: DFTPCT LIMIT USED FOR SETTING: 0
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Threshold Used: 0
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Adding Age
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Age 10
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Skipfiletypes string: find "/mnt/ssd_unraid_cache/data" -depth -ctime +9
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Not in Test mode
Apr 17 15:35:36 Garfield root: mvlogger: Complete Mover Command: find "/mnt/ssd_unraid_cache/data" -depth -ctime +9 | /usr/local/sbin/move -d 1

Edited by evan326
49 minutes ago, evan326 said:

Hi, I've been having an issue since updating to rc2. The plugin has been working great for me since in added it months ago. After the update, I've noticed that it won't move anything. It seems to see the pool usage as 1% always. I'd assume this is because my cache is zfs? Here is a piece of the mover log. Any ideas?

I am not running any rc candidates so I can't trouble shoot this on my own.

This is the statement that is returning the % used.

`df --output=pcent $POOLPATH | tail -n 1 | tr -d '%'

I believe you will want to replace $POOLPATH with your pool location.  /mnt/ssd_unraid_cache/

Would be helpful to see the df output without the tail and tr

• Thanks 1