[Plugin] Mover Tuning


572 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

Ok, I removed the mover plugin and so forth, only share that's set to use the mover is my downloads.  

 

Last night I could tell it was running (I get pauses when trying to start playing something in Emby), went to the server and sure enough every core full red.

Link to post
  • Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CA Mover Tuning       A simple little plugin (mainly created for my own purposes) that will let you fine tune the operation of the mover script On scheduled runs of mover, o

I would suggest removing the plug in, then moving everything.   I'm working on getting a Dev box up and running so I can continue working on this for the new Beta.

The flash drive doesn't support executable permissions.  You have to copy the file(s) to somewhere in RAM (say /tmp) and then execute it from there (after applying executable perms to the copy)

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Fizzyade said:

It's running right now and now emby is running like a slug.

 

I would suggest opening a new thread under general support and post your log files.  There are several other threads dealing with similar issues with mover and it looks like it could be a number of possible things.

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Kashiro said:

@Squid Any chance this is getting updated for 6.9 in the future? 😁

 

Can't currently use this as it breaks the mover when using multiple cache pools.

I branched Squid's original mover and mine is now the one listed in Community Apps.

 

I don't have a dev box to install 6.9 to.  I am also in the middle of buying a house and moving.  However,  if someone can post the 6.9 mover script I will try and get the code ready to handle multiple cache pools.

Link to post

Mover tuning and 6.9

 

There's a few problems with this.

 

 

My original design used the existing script and simply called it appropriately based upon usage.

  • This method will still work but, the design of the plugin itself only checked for usage on the pool named "cache".  The way that the mover script works is that once it's called, all cache pools get moved appropriately.
  • The work around for this is to modify the stock script so that another parameter can be issued which sets which cache pool to move, and only move that one.  If you do the coding, LT would probably include the changes in the stock script.  (No guarantees though)
  • Then in the plugin, you'd allow multiple schedules for each given pool and call the script accordingly.

 

The "new" plugin, also allows for movement of specific files based upon date (as I recall). 

  • This would involve a rewrite / patch of the stock script to look for the dates, but also has the same problem as the above I would think.
  • If you do the coding via another parameter to the script, LT *may* (or may not) accept the changes.  The key to any changes if you want it accepted is that the script still would have to operate identically if those extra parameters aren't specified.

 

You would also require to have the plugin selectively choose which of the versions of the script to replace it with.  Either the 6.8 one or the 6.9 one depending upon the OS version.

 

Or, you can leave the script completely stock and forgo any of the date range options within the plugin and have it look at the pool named "cache" (or possibly another selectable pool to look at) for usage, and then the user has to accept that all pools will get moved.

 

Because of the multiple cache pool issues, with the plugin more or less replacing the stock script, unexpected results (ie: mover not working on other pools), I'm going to mark this plugin as incompatible with 6.9 until such time as @hugenbdd decides upon the direction this plugin should take.

4 hours ago, Kashiro said:

Can't currently use this as it breaks the mover when using multiple cache pools.

(Or only having a single pool, but the pool isn't named "cache")

mover

Link to post
  • 4 weeks later...

 

On 8/19/2020 at 9:33 PM, mmag05 said:

If I don't have multiple cache pools on Beta 25 will this still work?  I just have the standard cache pool named "Cache"

If only the cache pool has shares that are set to yes or prefer, and the other pools are set to Only, will it work?

Link to post
3 hours ago, DZMM said:

 

If only the cache pool has shares that are set to yes or prefer, and the other pools are set to Only, will it work?

Depends.  YMMV.  The original plugin is only a front-end to the mover and doesn't replace any coding at all.  The replacement fork replaces the coding in mover.

 

Net result is that IF you have multiple cache pools then mover will not operate correctly on the replacement.  It should be OK (no guarantees) if all the other pools are set to be only, and you only use the "cache" pool.

 

The original plugin will work properly but will always execute mover based upon the current state of the "cache" pool.

 

The original (and now unsupported) plugin's url is https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/ca.mover.tuning/master/plugins/ca.mover.tuning.plg

Link to post
20 minutes ago, Squid said:

Depends.  YMMV.  The original plugin is only a front-end to the mover and doesn't replace any coding at all.  The replacement fork replaces the coding in mover.

 

Net result is that IF you have multiple cache pools then mover will not operate correctly on the replacement.  It should be OK (no guarantees) if all the other pools are set to be only, and you only use the "cache" pool.

 

The original plugin will work properly but will always execute mover based upon the current state of the "cache" pool.

 

The original (and now unsupported) plugin's url is https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Squidly271/ca.mover.tuning/master/plugins/ca.mover.tuning.plg

Thanks - that fits my scenario perfectly as my other non-cache pools contain pool only shares.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

 

normally mover tuning works fine for me. every 3 hours the mover schedule starts and moves my file, if the cache is fuller than 50%. (i am right?)

 

i want to replace my cache drives while following this guide: https://wiki.unraid.net/Replace_A_Cache_Drive

now the "move now" button doesn't work. english is not my first language and i think i misunderstand some options. maybe someone can help me.

 

thanks

 

movertuner.png

Link to post
On 9/30/2020 at 11:54 AM, sonic6 said:

Hey there,

 

normally mover tuning works fine for me. every 3 hours the mover schedule starts and moves my file, if the cache is fuller than 50%. (i am right?)

 

i want to replace my cache drives while following this guide: https://wiki.unraid.net/Replace_A_Cache_Drive

now the "move now" button doesn't work. english is not my first language and i think i misunderstand some options. maybe someone can help me.

 

thanks

 

 

I would suggest removing the plug in, then moving everything.

 

I'm working on getting a Dev box up and running so I can continue working on this for the new Beta.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Fix Common Problems script is telling me my ca mover tuning plugin is deprecated, then links to an update fork for me, but there's no url or anything to install it there.

Oh, apparently 'Apps' are now the same as 'Plugins' ? Why the different tabs in the menu then?

Edited by Julius
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Julius said:

Oh, apparently 'Apps' are now the same as 'Plugins' ? Why the different tabs in the menu then?

Plugins (and Docker) are built-in Unraid capabilities, and there is no Apps tab in standard Unraid.  Only if you install the Community Applications plugin do you get a new Apps tab that provides an easy way to find and install both plugins and Docker containers.

Link to post
35 minutes ago, Julius said:

but there's no url or anything to install it there.

Very few authors still publish the URLs to any of the plugins, etc because Community Applications (Apps) removes that complexity away from the user.

Link to post

Weird question....anyone having issues where Mover doesn't run at all if the Tuner plugin is installed? I haven't really used the Mover much because of such a new install and I just started configuring up some things to run in the cache and be moved every night. However, haven't been able to get Mover to work at all unless I fired it off manually. Once I uninstalled the Tuner, Mover started working just fine automatically. I'll be reinstalling again and trying to figure out the issue, but was curious if anyone had run across this before. 

Link to post
20 hours ago, Julius said:

The Fix Common Problems script is telling me my ca mover tuning plugin is deprecated, then links to an update fork for me, but there's no url or anything to install it there.

Oh, apparently 'Apps' are now the same as 'Plugins' ? Why the different tabs in the menu then?


Simply uninstall the current and then look for it in the app section and reinstall it. That’s all I did. 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.