[Plugin] Mover Tuning

17 minutes ago, balario said:

Hi @itimpi Right now the scripts are hosted in "/mnt/user/appdata/script-mover/scriptbefore.sh".

From this location it's working just fine. The only thing I had misconfigured was the file execution permissions. 

Should I move it to the USB stick for security reasons?

I guess that is OK as it is a persistent location.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:44 PM, ItsRaining said:

I have been using Mover Tuning with days old and percent enabled for about 6 months now. When setting this in mover tuning the expected result would be when cache reaches percent used it will trigger a move only files older than a specified days old. Instead what happens is mover will trigger at percent used and move all files regardless of age.

Same here! For some weeks now.

Any fix?

I tried changing all settings and saving again...but when reaches the specified days old, it moves all files regardless of age.

5 minutes ago, Sanches said:

Same here! For some weeks now.

Any fix?

I tried changing all settings and saving again...but when reaches the specified days old, it moves all files regardless of age.

Huh, seems to work for me.

Are you sure you have this:

2099549638_ScreenShot2022-01-19at12_42_27PM.thumb.png.f472d86f37adc9c2aca731271fb277d6.png

set higher than this:

705836332_ScreenShot2022-01-19at12_42_41PM.thumb.png.c4d6730102c836fe118fd87bdc49aba3.png

and mover set to run frequently enough that it triggers at the lower % ?

1696700483_ScreenShot2022-01-19at12_46_24PM.thumb.png.5e4e86cf8fae08d5bb33d07a06b15b6a.png

5 minutes ago, CS01-HS said:

Huh, seems to work for me.

Are you sure you have this:

2099549638_ScreenShot2022-01-19at12_42_27PM.thumb.png.f472d86f37adc9c2aca731271fb277d6.png

set higher than this:

705836332_ScreenShot2022-01-19at12_42_41PM.thumb.png.c4d6730102c836fe118fd87bdc49aba3.png

and mover set to run frequently enough that it triggers at the lower % ?

1696700483_ScreenShot2022-01-19at12_46_24PM.thumb.png.5e4e86cf8fae08d5bb33d07a06b15b6a.png

Actually my mover runs once a week with the following config:

image.thumb.png.d5ff0db586ecf5eaaff79889d71729e1.png

image.png.c14037fac901871c2d92492992b61d5a.png

I've this config for months...but only 3-4 weeks ago I'm having problems. When it reaches 15 days, it moves all files.

2 hours ago, Sanches said:

Actually my mover runs once a week with the following config:

image.thumb.png.d5ff0db586ecf5eaaff79889d71729e1.png

image.png.c14037fac901871c2d92492992b61d5a.png

I've this config for months...but only 3-4 weeks ago I'm having problems. When it reaches 15 days, it moves all files.

Could be your cache went from 30 to 70 between mover runs triggering "move all."

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a couple of different shares that I'd really like to have different Mover behavior.

- Backup shares - Move all every night

- Downloads - Move only files that are older than 7 days

- Photos - Move only files that are older than 14 days

As far as I can tell I can only set a global Mover setting with a plugin.

Is there a way to manually achieve per share settings?

Thanks in advance.

On 1/29/2022 at 12:03 PM, wesStyle said:

Hi!

I have a couple of different shares that I'd really like to have different Mover behavior.

- Backup shares - Move all every night

- Downloads - Move only files that are older than 7 days

- Photos - Move only files that are older than 14 days

As far as I can tell I can only set a global Mover setting with a plugin.

Is there a way to manually achieve per share settings?

Thanks in advance.

No, I may rewrite the plug-in for 6.10 after it's released to allow for a setting per share.  But it is a lot of work to do this.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Tonight was parity check started and then mover sheduler is runned,  but i set 

Let scheduled mover run during a parity check / rebuild: NO    

This is my setup maybe ther is mistake in config ? why sheduler mover runned after parity started and not finished?

image.thumb.png.897e11018981a3cccfd14b497a845683.png

image.thumb.png.7b179503acf369ea4efdda0991f1fe4c.png

I'll look into this.  The settings look correct.  Mover should not be running based on your settings.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, hugenbdd said:

I'll look into this.  The settings look correct.  Mover should not be running based on your settings.

but somehow its runned after 11% of parity checking , i have mover every 6 hours .

so i was need to pause parity and wait to mover finish ..

maybe i can check some other stuff to find problem? 

unraid 6.9.2

2 hours ago, hugenbdd said:

After checked syslog i founded thats mover was started at 0:00 (becose every 6 hours) 

and parity also starts at 1st day of month at 0:00 

so they both started in 0:00 then mover tuning cant see that parity is running right ?

if parity is started after mover is running so the mover turning cant stop moving right?

also i have parity tuning but its all no by default for now...

Edited by Masterwishx
17 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

After checked syslog i founded thats mover was started at 0:00 (becose every 6 hours) 

and parity also starts at 1st day of month at 0:00 

so they both started in 0:00 then mover tuning cant see that parity is running right ?

if parity is started after mover is running so the mover turning cant stop moving right?

also i have parity tuning but its all no by default for now...

Correct. 

Granted I need to go review the code which I haven't done just yet.  But... Mover should be checking to see if parity check is started.  If it's started then it will skip the move (depending on your settings.). It could have been in your case that mover started before parity started, even if just by a few milliseconds.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, hugenbdd said:

Correct.

This will be cool, but fo now I need to change some of them. 

Maybe also good idea to custom for mover run like 5 6 * * * for mover run every 6 hours and 5 min. 

For now 

If mover every 6 hours is starting  from 0:00, 

So I need to change parity check to befor it like 23:30, or befor 6:00? 

11 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

This will be cool, but fo now I need to change some of them. 

Maybe also good idea to custom for mover run like 5 6 * * * for mover run every 6 hours and 5 min. 

For now 

If mover every 6 hours is starting  from 0:00, 

So I need to change parity check to befor it like 23:30, or befor 6:00? 

I am currently working on adding to the Parity Check Tuning plugin an option to Pause if it detects mover is running, and then resuming when it stops running.   Will this be of use?

• Like 2

Apologies if this has been answered, but I didn't see it in the thread.  For the option "Move All from Cache-Yes shares when disk is above a certain percentage" this will also move hidden files, even if you have selected to ignore hidden files.  Is my understanding correct?  If so, can this behaviour be modified?

Thanks!

~Spritz

Quick note on the “Move all files from cache pool selected above” option.  When running this, my turbo write doesn’t engage.  Can the Mover Tuning plugin check for this setting and enable turbo write when moving one share?  I have “force turbo write on during mover” set in Mover Tuning settings for regular moves.   

Thanks!

Edited by Andiroo2
On 2/5/2022 at 9:17 AM, Andiroo2 said:

Quick note on the “Move all files from cache pool selected above” option.  When running this, my turbo write doesn’t engage.  Can the Mover Tuning plugin check for this setting and enable turbo write when moving one share?  I have “force turbo write on during mover” set in Mover Tuning settings for regular moves.   

Thanks!

That's odd.

Looks like it should be enabling it.  Is the entry "Forcing turbo write on" in your logs?

As setting the write method is done in the mover.php that is run before the bash mover script.

if ( $cfg['enableTurbo'] == "yes" ) {

logger("Forcing turbo write on");

exec("/usr/local/sbin/mdcmd set md_write_method 1");

}

9 minutes ago, loheiman said:

Any plans to add the ability to automatically invoke mover when disk usage reaches a certain usage percentage? Thanks

no, you can get 'close' to this functionality by setting mover to hourly and the percentage you want it moved at.  Best to set your percentage a bit lower or get a larger cache drive to handle how much you can fill within an hour.

Alternatively, you could setup a cron job that does this by parsing together some of the code in the plug-in and making your own bash script.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:25 PM, hugenbdd said:

That's odd.

Looks like it should be enabling it.  Is the entry "Forcing turbo write on" in your logs?

As setting the write method is done in the mover.php that is run before the bash mover script.

if ( $cfg['enableTurbo'] == "yes" ) {

logger("Forcing turbo write on");

exec("/usr/local/sbin/mdcmd set md_write_method 1");

}

I don’t see that message in the logs. See attached. 

D40E4464-7990-45E7-A546-AC0A90E32F5C.jpeg