Port configs are ignored when network is Custom br0

Whether I add, remove or change port settings for a docker, those settings are ignored when the network type is set to Custom : br0. Instead, the Port Mappings are always  shown as set to the defaults like I didn't make the edits. I've tried with multiple different dockers with the same results. If the network type is changed to Bridge my port edits show up correctly under Port Mappings. Is that how it is supposed to work? Am I missing something?

1 hour ago, NeoDude said:

You can't have port mappings when using br0 because there's nothing to map. 

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking after doing some more reading and testing. It confused me to see 7 open ports on the list when I tried to set only 3 (or zero). But I think those open ports are coming from the docker, which gets it from the dockerfile with the EXPOSE line.

I don't believe I can have the 3 specific ports I want open while using br0 without creating my own docker. I decided to use a VM instead.

3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

Those open ports come from the application (container) itself. Running the same application in a VM will open up exactly the same ports.

I don't plan on running the docker in a VM, I plan on installing the application and configuring the ports myself. The application doesn't have a UI to configure ports, you have to use iptables.

If possible, I would use either the clowrym or hexparrot MineOS Node docker from CA, with networking set to Custom : br0 to get its own IP and have only three ports open (8443, 19132 and 25565). With no way to SSH into the docker I don't believe that is possible without a creating my own docker.

51 minutes ago, bonienl said:

I don't use minos, but as verification purposes I installed mineos (hexparrot version), and set network to br0. It opens the expected ports as configured for the application.

You can't SSH into this container. What did you configure?

I should point out that I'm probably being picky. I can get it work work, just not how I want. I got the same result, but I don't want ports open that I'm not using (`66 thru `70) and I'd like one additional port that's not in the range (19132).

I'm new to both unRaid and dockers and I've learned a lot playing around with this. I'm OK with using MineOS in a VM instead of a docker.