New User with Fix Common Problems error

HI

Before we start i will say i am a new user, always used windows, i have moved from a server 2016 setup to Unraid

after a few weeks i have it setup just as i want it streaming plex and downloading via nzbget, when i was moving to unraid a few drives

appeared as failed so i have swapped all them out with new drives, but i am still getting errors, anybody that can point me the first

place to start looking for a fix i would be grateful, i will say the uptime is not high only about 4 days, from the main tab the array looks ok

thanks

image.thumb.png.d89f525496f1d4e7ef5307bce8b047f9.png

disk3 (WDC_WD20EVDS-63T3B0_WD-WCAVY5992583) has read errors If the disk has not been disabled, then unRaid has successfully rewritten the contents of the offending sectors back to the hard drive. It would be a good idea to look at the S.M.A.R.T. Attributes for the drive in questionBegin Investigation Here:

/var/log is getting full (currently 100 % used)

Either your server has an extremely long uptime, or your syslog could be potentially being spammed with error messages. A reboot of your server will at least temporarily solve this problem, but ideally you should seek assistance in the forums and post your

tower-diagnostics-20180411-1608.zip

Disk3 needs to be replaced.

Disk13 needs a new SATA cable.

Disk11 is also having issues but these look controller related, looks like you're using a Marvell controller connected to a port multiplier (or a controller with a pm built-in), both are not recommended, but especially not recommended using any port multiplier.

Edited by johnnie.black

I will add some to what johnnie has said above.

Your logs are so large that only excerpts are included in these diagnostics. Lots of disk errors in the logs I can see and probably that is at least part of the reason logs are full.

Also many of your disks are very full, some completely full. You have a share set to cache-yes (possibly named Media but it is anonymized) but you don't have any Minimum Free set for that share. So possibly you are also getting a lot of errors from mover logged as well since it may be trying to move files from cache to disks that are already full.

Please turn on Help and take a much closer look at the settings for your User shares. It is critical that you set Minimum Free if you are going to run with disks so full.

Also when you replace that disk make sure you check all connections, both SATA and power. Bad connections are a much more frequent cause of disk problems than bad disks. Possibly some problems you had before you asked that caused you to replace disks were really just bad connections.

And make sure you set up Notifications if you haven't already. It is especially important when you have so many disks.

Thank you for your fast reply, i will get the disk 3 replaced, and check the sata cable, I do have a  Marvell controller  with 8 drives connect to it, as i have a Dell T20 and all the onboard sata are full, never had a issue with the card running windows server, i could swap it for a HP410 raid card, but would unraid see all the drives separate or as one big raid ?

7 minutes ago, idmanager said:

never had a issue with the card running windows server,

It will be nothing but trouble with unRAID (and Linux), strongly suggest you get it replaced with any LSI with a SAS2008/2308/3008 chipset in IT mode, e.g., 9201-8i, 9211-8i, 9207-8i, 9300-8i, etc and clones, like the Dell H200/H310 and IBM M1015, these latter ones need to be crossflashed.