Help choosing a UPS for Unraid

FrozenGamer

I have been doing some research on ups and unraid.  

Costco has these - www.cyberpowersystems.com/product/ups/cst135xlu/   - but i have read there are some problems getting it to work properly in a power outage automatically? - they are about 100 and i can get a few sent up on ship to alaska tomorrow (shipping is a big deal here - its 120-150 to ship a few ups to me)

I Keep reading that almost any APC is a good bet for unraid, APC>cyperpower or Tripp Lite.  Is that true?

My next option is to order something that bestbuy.com offers.  Some will ship for free to alaska.  Some will not at Bestbuy.  All amazon, wont ship so far.  I haven't looked at ebay but they might ship to me.

here is a list of apc UPS at bestbuy.com - https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=apc+back+UPS&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=&sp=&qp=&list=n&af=true&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

One server is 23 drives  in 2 drive cases, plus a computer to power it and a monitor.

my 2nd server is 10 drives in 1 drive case plus a computer and monitor.

I would assume that having a larger AV like 1500av 900 watts is recommended.  If i can setup automatic shutdown i would set it at 30 seconds as recommended in the forums, so ideally the machines would not run a long time.

Recommendations appreciated.

Personally I prefer the Smart UPS rather than the Back UPS, with the Back UPS, only half of the outlets are for battery backup, the rest are surge only. The Smart UPS are more expensive, but all the ports are for backup. Just my 2 cents. Shipping is going to cost as these things are heavy.

Archived