Gigabyte X399 Designare EX Threadripper

1 minute ago, SimonG said:

Probably just unlucky then.  I've reinstalled my old Z370 motherboard for now which I've had working 24/7 for 3 years+.

I have just built another server using ASROCK, 

Before I built the other using the Designare It replaced a (Still Working) ASROCK, I just couldn't get one at the time and took a chance with the Designare, maybe I have been lucky but certainly my preference is ASROCK.

1 minute ago, mbc0 said:

I have just built another server using ASROCK, 

Before I built the other using the Designare It replaced a (Still Working) ASROCK, I just couldn't get one at the time and took a chance with the Designare, maybe I have been lucky but certainly my preference is ASROCK.

That's what I'm probably looking at next.  The taichi I assume.

• 6 months later...
6 hours ago, sosdk said:

Mine has been working fine for 1½ year.

But I've been having some performance issues after adding a 3rd WM.

I cant find how to switch uma/numa mode. Did someone figure that out ?

Thanks

What do you mean "switch numa mode"? Do you mean to enable? If so, I have the details in the first post.

9 hours ago, sosdk said:

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I've read the first post several times. What setting is it that enable/disable numa ?

Sorry, I was reading "IOMMU" instead of NUMA because that's what you can enable & disable. The Numa nodes are built into the CPU itself, there is no enabling & disabling.

If your goal is to disable the NUMA nodes that don't have direct access to the PCI lanes or memory, your only option is to buy a CPU that have those specifically disabled.