First red X on disk with SMART report

I tried to look into this my self and read the Smart report and SMART overall-health self-assessment test result: PASSED on one of my disks. If someone would be so kind and help me out with a 2nd pair of eyes. I have rebuilt the disk once so far and this morning the X came back. I am rebuilding again. 

Pre history  
Parity   = 1tb WD Black - brand new
Drive 1 = 1tb WD Black - brand new
Drive 2 = 1tb Seagate Barracuda - unknown
Drive 3 = 1tb WD Green - shucked

And its no surprise to me that yet another Seagate is showing signs of failing in my life. There seems to be a pile of dead seagates on my desk and WD in my gear. go figure. 

Also I have another question and I guess I know the answer. however is it possible to;
- Build a 2nd Parity Drive with a 2TB WD RED,
- Remove the 1TB WD Black parity drive. 
- Rebuild the array with the 1tb WD Black drive in Drive 2. 

Or should I get everything back up and running with 1TB's and then upgrade the parity drive later? 

tower-smart-20180414-0735.zip

Disk appears to be failing, extended SMART test may help to confirm.

39 minutes ago, h3xcmd said:

Also I have another question and I guess I know the answer. however is it possible to;
- Build a 2nd Parity Drive with a 2TB WD RED,
- Remove the 1TB WD Black parity drive. 
- Rebuild the array with the 1tb WD Black drive in Drive 2. 

You can use the parity swap procedure to accomplish what you want and it's faster and safer:

https://lime-technology.com/wiki/The_parity_swap_procedure

Thanks for the Guide.. 

I went to Micro Center to pick up an "open box" 2Tb WD Red for $70, and by the time I got back the 2nd attempt to rebuild the drive was successful. I had a hard time with the instructions though. When following the steps I accidentally unassigned the parity drive instead of Drive 2 and rebooted. By the time I realized that I was supposed to un-assign the suspected faulty drive, now showing with a green dot, due to confusion with steps 9-10-11 the only option was to resync the parity drive and didn't make sense to start all over, but to just follow through upgrading the parity drive. just hopping nothing goes wrong in the next hour and a half.  

[UPDATE]
Well that did not go smoothly as I had thought
So after the parity drive completed The array would not start, showed in red "Wrong" and Even though its a 2TB drive unraid picked up the drive as 1TB so the drive was "wrong" SMH... So I removed the old 1TB parity drive from the array and now Parity sync/Data Rebuild with the 2TB. The process is now doubled as before it completed in 3 hours now its going to take 6 hours. I have not written anything new to the array and I am not taking my chances with Plex so its down ATM. I am defiantly praying. I would feel much better and more confident when the Western Digital drive is in. nail biting suspense of the evening.   

Edited by h3xcmd
update