Sign in to follow this  
OrangePeel

Lost flash drive, rebuilt new one, no eth0?

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hi all,

I lost my Unraid flash drive during a move.  Hoping it turns up somewhere, but in the meantime I am trying to get up and running again using a spare flash drive.  I've loaded up a backup copy of the flash drive I had, made it bootable, and then loaded it in ESXi.  Everything looks good, but I have no eth0.  Unraid boots as it should, but obviously I can't access it.  Any idea how I can find out why it's not loading an eth0?

Thanks,

Brandon

Posted (edited)

Hi, two things to prove:

- look at your unRAID VM config to confirm Network adapter is in place;

- login to unRAID console, type ifconfig to see if if there is eth0 and which ip it have.  

Edited by uldise

.Have you checked that the USB drive is labelled as “UNRAID’ as if not it will not be mounted during the boot process which could explain your symptoms.  You can check this by logging in at the Console prompt and using the ‘df’ command to check that it shows the USB stick mounted at /boot.

If you have switched to a new USB drive, then you will need a license to go with that USB drive as it is tied to the GUID of the USB drive that boots unRAID.   The key file from the backup will not be valid for the new USB drive.   However it seems ar the moment you are not getting that far so that is an issue for later.

Thanks for the replies, guys.  I apologize for the delay in response... I forgot to turn notifications on.

I added two more network interfaces in ESXi and then they all 3 suddenly showed up and it's working fine.  Very strange.

And I was able to get my new key, itimpi.  :)

Brandon