Lost Network Access to Unraid Server

I had one ethernet port connected to my Unraid server and bonding and Bridging were set to NO and had a static ip on that interface. 

Then i made a VM for the first time and changed that Interface to Enable Bridging to Yes and selected itself as the Bridging interface. 

As soon as i pressed apply then i lost access to the browser interface for the server. 

Now i can't even ping the server on the ip that it was set to before i made the changes.

Any way i can attach a monitor and keyboard and revert the changes?

Please someone help me fix this. 

Edited by swamiforlife

Thanks for the advice,

Can someone point me to or explain network settings for Virtual Machines in Unraid. I have experience in Hyper-V. 

Basically if my Unraid Server ip is 192.168.1.10 and i want my VM to get an ip from my router in the same series (192.168.1.XX) what settings should i have in the Unraid Network Settings.

When i had bridging and bonding off my vm was getting an ip address on a different subnet then what my unraid server is set to.

11 minutes ago, swamiforlife said:

Thanks for the advice,

Can someone point me to or explain network settings for Virtual Machines in Unraid. I have experience in Hyper-V. 

Basically if my Unraid Server ip is 192.168.1.10 and i want my VM to get an ip from my router in the same series (192.168.1.XX) what settings should i have in the Unraid Network Settings.

When i had bridging and bonding off my vm was getting an ip address on a different subnet then what my unraid server is set to.

On the network bridge select br0, not virbr0.

12 hours ago, John_M said:

rm /boot/config/network.cfg
rm /boot/config/network-rules.cfg

and then reboot.

I also locked myself out, but I can't access the server via Putty and I don't have a monitor that I can connect to it. Am I doing something wrong with Putty, or is there some other way I can connect to the server? 

Thanks,

7 hours ago, jackson said:

also locked myself out, but I can't access the server via Putty and I don't have a monitor that I can connect to it. Am I doing something wrong with Putty, or is there some other way I can connect to the server? 

If you can't connect to the server then you'll have to shut it down (try a short press of the power button first to try to get a clean shutdown but if that doesn't work you'll have to hold it for a few seconds) and plug the USB flash device into another computer. Navigate to the config folder on the flash and delete those two files. Then plug it back into your server and restart. The networking will have been reset.

• Like 1