Sign in to follow this  
carlos28355

mover runner not working...

4 posts in this topic Last Reply

I just added a cache ssd for the first time. I messed up and i made one of my shares to use the drive because my understanding of the cache drive and the way it worked is obviously not correct. My drive is now full and the move now option is not working. I changed my share back to normal can i just move all the information manually or does it have to be used through the move now option?

It would help if you gave some indication if what you have for the Use Cache setting for the share.    A good description of the meaning of the settings is shown if you turn on the Help option in the GUI.

If you set Use Cache Disk to Yes originally and then changed it to No after the cache filled up the mover won't move the files. Set it to Yes again and then run the mover and the files will be moved to the array. Then read the help and you can decide which setting is best for your needs. Perhaps the volume of data you are writing to the array is large compared with the size of your cache, so you might want to set the mover to run more often.

Well i changed my share to prefer for using the cache drive but now i changed it back to no.so i took your advice and put it back to yes and it moved all the data back! thanks again!