Win 10 VM 100% CPU usage on one core

Hi I'm having an issue with the latest version of UNRAID 6.5, when I start my Windows 10 VM, one of the cores is pegged at 100%, but it's not Windows itself which is showing the usual 1-3% as normal but runs super super slow. If I shutdown and stop the VM the usage goes away, but I am unable to enter the VM Edit page, it just comes up blank. If I try to start it again I get various errors:

Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock (held by remoteDispatchDomainGetBlockInfo)

Others too but I didn't copy them and now they aren't coming up ><

If I roll back to UNRAID 6.3.5 the issue goes away, but now I am stuck as I use unassigned devices and that no longer works with the old version.

Any help? Not sure what I need to attach for extra info.

Rolled back UNRAID, deleted VM (because it wasn't possible to delete in 6.5 as the pages wouldn't load), updated to 6.5, created new VM, still having the same issue, one core is pegged at 100% even though there is no actual load in the VM.

No additional plug ins, just UNRAID 6.5 itself.

Edited by terrastrife
  • 1 year later...

Hi were you able to debug this any further? I've had this happen on a 4 core 8 thread server, trying to use core,thread: 1,5 - 2,6 - 3,7 for a gaming VM only to crash and lock thread 1 at 100% when running PC mark every time.

Removing core 1,5 seems to have fixed this, just wondered if you had any other thoughts on this.

• 6 months later...