Dual LSI card Issue. Second LSI card wont show up details inside

Revently i posted this on reddit. 

I installed everything today and its not detecting the second lsi card..

so in my pci e 16x slot i have a 9211-8i running version 19

in the pci e 4x slot i have a 9211-4i running version 20 (it came that way)

Now when i boot up the server and go into the LSI card config i only see the 9211-8i

Here is what i have done

I verified the lsi card works by pulling the one 8i and putting in place of the 4i

I double checked the jumpers on the board(see reddit post for board model)

I put a pci e 1x wifi card into the pci e x4 slot and booted linux if found the adapter just fine.

leaving the only thing i can think of is the firmware versions need to match.

Got any ideas?

edit:

the 9211-4i is running version 20.00.07.00 on bios 7.39.02.00

the 9211-8i is running version 19.00.00.00 on bios 7.37.00.00

Could this be the cause of the 9211-4i not showing up?

Edited by sourCream

I went through the same thing, with an H210 crossflashed to 9211 and a 9201-16e.  

If the 9211 booted up first, then the system would actually lock up completely.  When the 9201 booted up first, it wouldn't see any of the drives attached to the other controller (or the controller at all for that matter).  Only got the single prompting to enter in the card's BIOS.  Updated the firmware on both including the BIOS to match each other made no difference.

Ultimately decided that I didn't care.  The BIOS isn't required anyways to manage the drives, and so long as unRaid detects all of the drives, then what difference does it make?  Does unRaid see everything attached to both cards?

• Like 1

And i know the 5 bay external is fine because i unraid sees the drive when i bypass the second lsi card and plug straight into the board with sata cable worst case i return the lsi card and plug the four remaining sata ports from my motherboard into the bay and ill just have one bay that wont work

If i remove the 8i card from the  x16 slot and leave the 4i card in the x4 slot bios does NOT see the card and if i boot to ubuntu it doesnt see it either but if i drop the 4i card into the x16 slot it reads just fine. SO its not the card is not unraid nor the bios(i dont think) leaving the only thing i can think of either firmware issue or its something my motherboard doesnt like.