Replacing data drive keeps the filesystem type?

All of my drives were formatted as reiserfs when I started using unRAID. When I added drives about two years ago, it formatted them as xfs. I'm in the middle of a project of replacing all of my 3TB drives with 6TB drives. Already did the parity and just replaced the first data drive this morning. I expected it would be formatted as xfs, but it ended up maintaining reiserfs for that slot. Not worried, but just unexpected. Rebuild in progress and everything else is normal.

Is this expected behavior? I thought everything new going forward would be xfs, but I may have missed a memo on that.

11 hours ago, snowboardjoe said:

Is this expected behavior? I thought everything new going forward would be xfs, but I may have missed a memo on that.

The thing to take away from this is the fact that when you successfully rebuild a disk from parity you get an exact copy of what was there on the original. In this case you rebuilt onto a bigger disk and when the disk was mounted for the first time after the rebuild the filesystem was expanded to fill the extra available space. But, as you can see, it's the same type of file system as was on the disk it replaced.