newegg 8/13 1pm-11:59pm PT - Seagate Barracuda LP ST32000542AS 2TB - $98.99

graywolf

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you do a full power cycle, and not just a reboot after flashing?  That might be needed.

No I didn't.  I suppose I can try that later.  My array is currently building parity on this drive, but that should be done in a few hours.

I just hate having to futz with drives.  It seems Samsung is the only company currently making good quality 2 TB green drives that don't need some kind of extra work (jumpers, firmware updates, etc).

Not entirely the case.  lol

For one, SMART was not enabled on the last batch of Sammy 2TB I and others here bought.

and also.. the WD20EADS have been flawless for me so far.  Fast and cool. No bullshit jumper settings and SMART enabled and reporting as it should.

If the Sammys are now SMART enabled and hassle free.. I will go back to them.

;D

It seems Samsung is the only company currently making good quality 2 TB green drives that don't need some kind of extra work (jumpers, firmware updates, etc).

Just tried running the update on my drive.........disconnected the other drives, connected the new one.  Turned on computer and smoke from the harddrive. :(

tried to run the firmware update and the cd was unable to detect any drive.  was not detected by BIOS either.