reallocated sector ct is 1

In theory - a sector goes bad and drive reallocates it, using one of the spare sectors that the drive holds in reserve. The bad sector is never used again. All is good.

But in practice, this is rarely observed. Typically a single drive reallocation is only a symptom of a larger problem that will keep getting worse.

I've had a few drives with a small number of reallocated sectors that never got worse. But this was in my very early years with unRAID - drives were IDE and probably ~250G - 300G. Since then I personally have not had any reallocated sectors until drives were 6+ years old and rapidly got worse.

You can post diagnostics and Johnnie may be able to see something. An extended smart test is probably in order.

31 minutes ago, tillo said:

How meany would be an "okey" number of allocated blocks?

There is not really an OK number - just that the number stays stable.   If it keeps increasing then that is a typical sign of a disk that might fail in the near future.   Having said that I would be worried about any disk where the number is not in single figures even though technically a disk typically has thousands of spare sectors that can be used for reallocation.

• 5 years later...

Got this happening on a budget ssd - Fanxiang S101 2TB SSD SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive, Read Speed up to 550MB/sec, 

Has a 3year 'chinese warranty' but to activate you message amazon support they offer a full refund. 

Edited by dopeytree