unRAID OS version 6.5.1 Stable Release Available

2 hours ago, Mat1926 said:

Guys, clicking the button shows me 6.5.0 instead of 6.5.1. I'm on 6.3.5...Is this normal?

Don't know why it doesn't show 6.5.1, but in any case, If you are updating from pre-6.4, be very sure you take care of everything in the update notes linked in the first post of this thread.

1 minute ago, trurl said:

Don't know why it doesn't show 6.5.1, but in any case, If you are updating from pre-6.4, be very sure you take care of everything in the update notes linked in the first post of this thread.

Thnx...Just to be sure, the Update Assistant did not spot any issues, yet you expect me to follow the notes...correct?!

12 minutes ago, Mat1926 said:

Thnx...Just to be sure, the Update Assistant did not spot any issues, yet you expect me to follow the notes...correct?!

Always a good idea to at least read the update notes before installing any update. If you ran the Update Assistant then you are probably OK.

Time for some Go file clean up.  I installed the Update Assistant app and the report complained about some old entries in my Go file.  Taking a closer look, we have added some lines over the past few years to add a custom temp sensor (I don't need this anymore), to fix a samba issue a few versions back, and a couple of other fixes .  My guess is most if not all of those Go file entries are no longer needed.  Here is a copy of my Go file.

#!/bin/bash
# Start the Management Utility
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
# Update Sensors Config
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf
modprobe coretemp
modprobe it87
/usr/bin/sensors -s
# Unmenu Start
# /boot/unmenu/uu
# This adjusts the PID for UNRAID server and Shares process may never be killed in a low memory condition.
# Uses the new oom_score_adj
# Set UNRAID webserver is never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/local/sbin/emhttp" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
# Set SAMBA so shares are never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/sbin/smbd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
#
# Set UNRAID Telnet is never killed off.
pgrep -f "in.telnetd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done

I took a look at the default Go file in the 6.5.1 and it only has one entry.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

I plan to replace my existing Go file with the default file.  Is there anything in the old Go file that is still needed or have all of those issues now been resolved?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Switchblade said:

Time for some Go file clean up.  I installed the Update Assistant app and the report complained about some old entries in my Go file.  Taking a closer look, we have added some lines over the past few years to add a custom temp sensor (I don't need this anymore), to fix a samba issue a few versions back, and a couple of other fixes .  My guess is most if not all of those Go file entries are no longer needed.  Here is a copy of my Go file.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &
# Update Sensors Config
cp /boot/custom/sensors.d/sensors.conf /etc/sensors.d/sensors.conf
modprobe coretemp
modprobe it87
/usr/bin/sensors -s
# Unmenu Start
# /boot/unmenu/uu
# This adjusts the PID for UNRAID server and Shares process may never be killed in a low memory condition.
# Uses the new oom_score_adj
# Set UNRAID webserver is never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/local/sbin/emhttp" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
# Set SAMBA so shares are never killed off.
pgrep -f "/usr/sbin/smbd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done
#
# Set UNRAID Telnet is never killed off.
pgrep -f "in.telnetd" | while read PID; do echo -1000 > /proc/$PID/oom_score_adj; done

I took a look at the default Go file in the 6.5.1 and it only has one entry.

#!/bin/bash
/usr/local/sbin/emhttp &

I plan to replace my existing Go file with the default file.  Is there anything in the old Go file that is still needed or have all of those issues now been resolved?

Thanks!

I had many of those same lines back on V5 and I am running with the default go now.

On 4/26/2018 at 9:55 AM, Mat1926 said:

Guys, I was able to update from 6.3.5 to 6.5.0 first, and after reboot. I managed to update to 6.5.1...Maybe it was designed like this! So I just wanted to report back...

Thnx...

Saw same going from 6.3.5 

Was only offered 6.5.0, then after reboot was offered 6.5.1

My update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 failed.  I was unable to access the webgui, even when I booted to GUI Safe Mode.

I ran the update assistant prior to updating and no issues were found.

To roll it back, I tried to copy the files from the previous folder, but still experienced the same issue.  In order to get it back up and running, i had to completely restore a backup of my flash drive from the last time I updated.

18 minutes ago, Peanutman85 said:

My update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.1 failed.

Since you didn't provide any diagnostics I guess we can only speculate.

18 minutes ago, Peanutman85 said:

In order to get it back up and running, i had to completely restore a backup of my flash drive from the last time I updated.

Perhaps it had nothing to do with the update but instead you had a corrupt flash drive and you fixed it this way.

Would you like to try again?

*edit* Sorry I didn't mention any way to get diagnostics without the webUI.

See here:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/37579-need-help-read-me-first/

56 minutes ago, trurl said:

Would you like to try again?

Nevermind.  I'm an idiot.

For some reason, when the update assistant warned me that there were extra parameters in the emhttp command, i deleted the entire command instead of just the extra parameters.

I've now updated to 6.5.1.  Sorry and thanks.

Edited by Peanutman85
On 4/30/2018 at 2:18 AM, bonienl said:

unRAID 6.5.1 has additional support for displaying custom bridge networks. Can you show a screenshot?

Sure thing. That's what I had thought from what you mentioned in that thread. Here is a screenshot, showing the same thing as last time - these are all showing ports that are not mapped locally, but are showing as such in the interface. Again, the actual ports are not open, so functionality is working correct and as expected. Let me know if you need any other details.

881094560_ScreenShot2018-05-01at8_27_44AM.thumb.png.e7afb67f9e66715051f74039051002dc.png

I expect to see the host address (10.0.10.22) for all these containers, like the line of 'rtorrent'. Strange the others show the internal address (172.18.0.xx)

Can you post the output of

docker network inspect bridge2

and

docker inspect tautulli
54 minutes ago, r4id said:

Just notice the arrows on the Docker Tab, right side. Is that the order of start up?

Yeah. It is the sorting preference and dictates what order they are started and stopped. Stopping is done in reverse order. The VM's page also has the same sorting feature.

On 5/1/2018 at 9:34 AM, bonienl said:

I expect to see the host address (10.0.10.22) for all these containers, like the line of 'rtorrent'. Strange the others show the internal address (172.18.0.xx)

Can you post the output of

docker network inspect bridge2

and

docker inspect tautulli

@bonienl - agreed, and it should also NOT be showing the mapped ports as like I said those ports are NOT actually mapped to the host. So it's 2 things not showing correctly. I sent you a PM with the details you asked for here so as not to clog it up.