Changed hardware and now getting mce errors

I've already searched through other forum posts about this issue, but I have not been able to resolve on my own.  I'd like to preface the current issue with an issue I had previously.  So, I changed out my z97 mobo to a 2011 socket mobo, upgraded the cpus to Xeons, and have new ram as well.  When I fired Unraid back up, it would hang at cpuload started and would not progress to give me a prompt.  I could not ssh into it to run diagnostics so what did I do?  I replaced bzimage and bzroot to upgrade to version 6.4 and upon doing so, I began getting the mce hardware error messages.  I could however now get to a prompt and was able to fire off the diag.  After looking at the syslog, I can't clearly determine whats at fault.  I had previously tested this memory to be good and I had usb booted ubuntu to run on the board and test the new components before installing into my rig.  One other thing I tried was to boot a fresh usb to see if I could get Unraid to start properly and while I did see some mce errors flash on the screen while loading, it did end at a prompt to login and seemed stable.  So, I'm considering just wiping my licensed usb(I've already copied it with dd) and loading fresh along with my key to try and recover my system, but I'd like to not have to reconfigure things if I don't have to.  I've attached the diag zipfile.  Can someone help point me in the right direction?

tower-diagnostics-20180424-2021.zip

There's an absolute ton of them.  If you can manage to get to the GUI, installing NerdPack and then installing MCELOG might shed some more light on what's going on.  Beyond that, have you run an memory check.  Assuming that you have ECC memory, does the log in the BIOS state anything...

26 minutes ago, Mobius71 said:

One other thing I tried was to boot a fresh usb to see if I could get Unraid to start properly and while I did see some mce errors flash on the screen while loading, it did end at a prompt to login and seemed stable.

Doesn't explain this though.....   Was just trying to suggest something to at least get his existing system booted.

But to be honest you're more knowledgeable about this sort of stuff than me mate.

1 hour ago, Squid said:

There's an absolute ton of them.  If you can manage to get to the GUI, installing NerdPack and then installing MCELOG might shed some more light on what's going on.  Beyond that, have you run an memory check.  Assuming that you have ECC memory, does the log in the BIOS state anything...

I can't get to a GUI at all.  The farthest I made it was to the login screen, but after entering creds, it just goes to a black screen and sits there.  I can try to re-test the memory.  Might try one or two other things first.  

The only way I can get the GUI to appear is with the fresh install USB, not my original USB.

Edited by Mobius71
36 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Daft question you tried copying your existing install over to the USB that works better?

Wondering if it's an issue with the stick/mobo combination.

That was one of the other things I was going to attempt.  I'm going to facepalm so hard if thats all it is though.

So I loaded the iso I made of my original USB onto another USB to test and I'm coming back to the original problem, which is getting stuck at "cpuload started" during the loading process. I didnt get the mce errors until I tried to get rid of that problem by upgrading to one of the 6.4 versions and eventually 6.5 to no avail. So probably not the USB stick I'm thinking. I'm running memtest now and can report on that in the morning.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Memtest has been running for 24 hrs now with no errors. So should I go back to 6.3.5 and try to fix and then update to 6.5 or just jump to 6.5 with a fresh install and try to set everything back up? If I go straight to 6.5 then what other files do I need to copy over to try and save my settings and docker configs?