Chinese X79 Motherboards.

I have been seeing these Chinese X79 motherboards listed on Ebay and now Amazon for around 80 to 100 quid (GBP) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?

There are a few threads on other sites discussing them, as well as a few youtube videos, but I don't lurk on those so I'm less inclined to trust what is said.

It would be an ideal easy step into VMs with a cheap E5 6/8 core chip and some DDR3 memory. If it worked well....

M0zz

• 3 weeks later...

I am running into this exact problem.  I bought an E5-2650v2 processor and then went looking for motherboards to be surprised by the price they are going for.  The only "reasonably" priced X79 boards are these Chinese knockoffs which I am being told to stay away from. 

I got an Asus prime B350 motherboard, ryzen 5 1600 cpu with stock cooler and 4gb of ram (shame it wasnt more) for under £200.

i will get things running as a nas with this and then go buy more ram when i ready to start dockers and VMs