starting over possible?

See if another flash drive (set up as a trial) at least gets you to the UI.

But, if you do decide to start over, all you have to do is erase everything from /config, but leave your *.key file.  If you don't want to have to also reassign your disks, then also keep super.dat

7 hours ago, trurl said:

What exactly do you mean by this? Log into the command line? Log into the webUI? Can't even get it to respond on the network at all in order to prompt you to login? 

whenever i try to go the server it says that it can't connect for the webui that is..it worked before on my other copy of windows before i had to erase everything and start fresh

9 hours ago, Squid said:

See if another flash drive (set up as a trial) at least gets you to the UI.

But, if you do decide to start over, all you have to do is erase everything from /config, but leave your *.key file.  If you don't want to have to also reassign your disks, then also keep super.dat

thank you wil try that

2 minutes ago, platyskill said:

whenever i try to go the server it says that it can't connect for the webui that is..it worked before on my other copy of windows before i had to erase everything and start fresh

I think it's likely you have some networking issue related to your windows machine and starting over with unRAID won't fix it. Do you know what the IP address of your unRAID server is? Can you attach a keyboard and monitor?

30 minutes ago, platyskill said:

yes i do i can ping it from the problem computer, and the login for the console is admin for the username and nothing for the password...i've tried multiple variations and nothing works

The unRAID console and the webUI only allows the user 'root' to login so if you are trying to login with user 'admin' then that is probably the problem.

20 minutes ago, platyskill said:

yes i do i can ping it from the problem computer, and the login for the console is admin for the username and nothing for the password...i've tried multiple variations and nothing works

So, when you enter the server name or IP address in your browser a login prompt for the GUI appears, but, you are unable to login? You have no "root" user?  I don't think you can log in to the WebUI as a user other than root.  User "root" with <enter> (if you did not set a password on this account) as password does not work?

I know a few years ago a similar situation was resolved for another user  (they set a root password and then forgot it so could not log in) by deleting the shadow, passwd and smbpasswd files in the flash drive config folder.

image.png.69b2860271b5a3c0c5624deeb63b7e64.png

12 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

So, when you enter the server name or IP address in your browser a login prompt for the GUI appears, but, you are unable to login? You have no "root" user?  I don't think you can log in to the WebUI as a user other than root.  User "root" with <enter> (if you did not set a password on this account) as password does not work?

I know a few years ago a similar situation was resolved for another user  (they set a root password and then forgot it so could not log in) by deleting the shadow, passwd and smbpasswd files in the flash drive config folder.

image.png.69b2860271b5a3c0c5624deeb63b7e64.png

when i enter in the ip it comes up as "the site can not be reached" "failed to connect" "err_conection refused"..i dont get a gui prompt.

24 minutes ago, trurl said:

The unRAID console and the webUI only allows the user 'root' to login so if you are trying to login with user 'admin' then that is probably the problem.

ok so i got in for some reason i thought i read somehwhere it was admin for the username...so anyways i'm in so anything i can check to see why i cant access it on the problem computer?

16 minutes ago, platyskill said:

ok so i got in for some reason i thought i read somehwhere it was admin for the username...so anyways i'm in so anything i can check to see why i cant access it on the problem computer?

Can your problem computer access anything else on your network? What are the IPs of your server and this other computer?

26 minutes ago, platyskill said:

You may need to delete credentials from the Windows credential manager:

Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Credential Manager.  Look at any stored web account credentials and delete anything that may be related to access your server or SMB shares.

7 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You may need to delete credentials from the Windows credential manager:

Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Credential Manager.  Look at any stored web account credentials and delete anything that may be related to access your server or SMB shares.

that wasent it..

52 minutes ago, platyskill said:

5 minutes ago, platyskill said:

server is 192.168.254.25 and computer is 192.168.254.1

So is 192.168.254.1 the IP of the computer that you can't access the webUI on? Or is it the computer that you can access the webUI on?

5 hours ago, platyskill said:

server is 192.168.254.25 and computer is 192.168.254.1

x.x.x.1 is often used for the router giving you access to Internet. Have you verified that you don't have a IP collision between this machine and your Internet router?

9 hours ago, platyskill said:

i changed ip to.9 and nothing...so i can ping it and map a network drive but ie/chrome can't connect...is there a setting to turn of access to browers somewhere?

So is this still just one computer on your network having trouble connecting but it works from other computers?