syslog being spammed by Avahi (SOLVED)

My syslog is getting spammed by "Avahi". See attached log. I have seen some other threads on this happening. It seems to be an ongoing thing and I would like to address it if possible. It gets caught by Fix Common Problems as it tends to start to fill up my syslog so I get a warning from FCP. Thanks for a pointer to other threads or what I can do on my setup to fix this. 

This log is shorter (but shows the issue) as I tried one of the solutions in the forum and this required a reboot (but it did not work) 

Thanks!

zack-unraid-syslog-20180429-1111.zip

Edited by TexasDave
Apr 29 15:27:35 Zack-unRAID avahi-daemon[7076]: Host name conflict, retrying with Zack-unRAID-2
Apr 29 15:27:35 Zack-unRAID avahi-daemon[7076]: Host name conflict, retrying with Zack-unRAID-3

There's a name conflict on your network, with two possible causes. Both are covered by the thread I linked. So first check that your DHCP server is properly configured

Then see ljm42's tip for the .local domain problem

• Like 1

Boom! That was it. It was the first one....

I had some static IPs that were also in the DHCP IP Range. Shrinking the range and doing some cleanup (which I should have done some time ago) seems to have fixed it. 

Really excited as I learned something new and got rid of a very annoying error. Many thanks!!

• Like 1