Dockers disapearing and other isssues...

Hi, I posted this over on the unRAID subreddit and somebody mentioned to post it here too as I may get a better answer.

I've recently updated to 6.5.1 and had no issues for almost 24 hours. I then hopped onto the dashboard and my custom banner at the top had changed back to the original standard one (how I always no this issue has arisen) and also all my dockers had disappeared from the docker bar. There are other issues like a notification popping up at the top asking for me to enable or set up notifications, but of course I have done this already in the past.

I've noticed the same issue on multiple other versions of unRAID in the past and it isn't always the same time period between failures. It's as if unRAID is losing it settings etc.

I just do a reboot via the power menu on the GUI and it will reboot back up and be back to normal again, until the next failure. Also upon reboot the 'fix common problems' plugin states that the server has had an unclean shutdown and the server also starts a parity check, but I believe it is being shut down 'safely'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me understand this issue, I'm getting better at understanding unRAID but not fully there yet so bare with me.

One answer I did get was that the USB  boot flash drive may be dying? Could this be the issue and if so why? The USB drive I'm using is a SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB, bought June last year.

Thanks again.

If referencing the "upgrade from 6.4.X to 6.5.1" section then most of that was OK. I never ran the 'update assistant' feature (as I wasn't aware of that until now) before the update but have done so just now and everything is showing as OK. 

Looks like you rebooted a couple of days ago. Have you had the problem since? I didn't see anything in the logs but the symptoms sound like flash dropping offline. This is often due to the port it's plugged into. USB2 seems to work more consistently than USB3, for example, and there is no real benefit to a faster port since flash doesn't really have a lot of traffic.

I last rebooted a day ago and haven't had the problem since. But it can vary time frame wise as to when it can happen again. I'll keep an eye out to see if it does it again.

Its plugged into one of the motherboard ports on the back of the case. Should I try another USB port if the problems comes back again?

Thanks

Your flash drive disconnected:

May  5 07:19:41 devlinserver kernel: usb 2-4: USB disconnect, device number 2
May  5 07:19:41 devlinserver kernel: usb 2-4: new SuperSpeed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd
May  5 07:19:41 devlinserver kernel: usb-storage 2-4:1.0: USB Mass Storage device detected
May  5 07:19:41 devlinserver kernel: scsi host7: usb-storage 2-4:1.0

Try a different port, ideally USB 2.0 instead of 3.0