Two disks unmountable no filesystem

So my unraid setup has been running pretty solid for a couple months now. Today I noticed a pending sector on one of my older drives. I don't have a spare but I have enough space that I planned to stop the array remove that one drive from the array restart the array and mount that drive using the unassigned devices plugin. Well I try to stop the array and it gets hung on dismounting user shares I figure no big deal I'll just try turning off the server and turning it back on. I turned it off it went through a graceful shutdown I get back into the webui after it restarts and I set the drive with the pending sector to unused little did I know unraid doesn't allow this. I set the drive back to the proper one then try to start my array and two of my disks are showing up with no filesystem even though only one was having a pending sector issue. I currently have the array shutdown as I'm not sure how to deal with this issue without destroying the data on the disks. I believe I have enough space to move the data over into the array from these drives if not I'll just pick up another drive. What would y'all recommend as a solution to my issue.

So it turns out both of the unmountable drives have pending sectors. I have a new 8 TB coming in the mail it should be here tomorrow. I've been trying to save up the money to get a parity drive in there. Here are my diagnostics.

tower-diagnostics-20180507-0902.zip

Also is it safe for me to keep the array up or should I keep it shut down until this is resolved?

Edited by Chaos_Therum

The problem is the disks, and since there's no parity there's no redundancy, though you'd need dual parity since two disks are failing at the same time.

Since xfs_repair won't work on disks with bad sectors, best bet would be to clone the disks to new disks with ddrescue to salvage as much data as possible, then if needed run xfs_repair.

1 minute ago, Chaos_Therum said:

Would you recommend keeping the array down until I get the new drive tomorrow?

Since there's no parity you can just disconnect those 2 disks, you'll need to do a new config.

2 minutes ago, Chaos_Therum said:

And are these definitely failing this couldn't just be a glitch somewhere that could be resolved?

Definitely both disks failing.

Okay thanks for the help. So I guess the best way to go about this would be to run ddrescue from one old drive to the new one I get transfer that data to the array then repeat that process? This sucks, first drives I've ever had fail on me in over 12 years of data hoarding.

One more quick question. Couldn't I do ddrescue to a file rather than direct to the drive. I know I've used regular old dd to output to a file that was then mountable. I don't have quite enough space to clone to a bare drive then move the files over. This caught me with my array nearly full.

So I just got back from out of town. I had the dd cloning the disks while I was gone. I'm having some issues trying to mount it.
I tried this command.

losetup —partscan -f /mnt/disk1/bkp.img

I'm getting this output.

losetup: —partscan: failed to set up loop device: No such file or directory

I've tried modprobe I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing. Basically just tossing in commands.

You can just use the mount command, create a mount point before, e.g.:

mkdir /x
mount /path/to/image.img /x

P.S. IIRC for the image to mount correctly you need to image the partition not the disk with ddrescue, i.e.,:

ddrescue -f /dev/sdX1 /path/to/image.img /path/to/log

P.S.2 You might need to run xfs_repair on the image before mounting:

xfs_repair -v /path/to/image.img