APC Smart-UPS - Lost communication

Hello everyone,

I am running Unraid 6.4.0. I just got a used APC Smart-UPS specifically a APC Smart-UPS SMX1500RM2U X 1200W/1500VA LCD 120V 2U/Tower UPS System https://www.amazon.com/APC-Smart-UPS-SMX1500RM2U-1500VA-System/dp/B002TIR2Z2.

I have it connected with USB to my server. I have tried ever setting and can not get it to connect. I have also tried Network UPS tools but that didn't work either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...

I have a similar problem with an APC Smart-UPS 2200 tower model using serial cable, but I see correct stats, date/time in bottom of page UPS details section. In unraid it is set to APCSmart. Any idea or fix for this?

2019-05-07_10-50-09.png

UPDATE: I fixed this by going to /dev and performing a 'ls -la', then looked for serial device. Mine was /dev/ttys0. I added that for Device and restarted apcupsd and now I am good! ;) Thank you @guru69

Edited by guruleenyc
  • 2 months later...
On 5/7/2019 at 3:51 PM, guruleenyc said:

I have a similar problem with an APC Smart-UPS 2200 tower model using serial cable, but I see correct stats, date/time in bottom of page UPS details section. In unraid it is set to APCSmart. Any idea or fix for this?

2019-05-07_10-50-09.png

UPDATE: I fixed this by going to /dev and performing a 'ls -la', then looked for serial device. Mine was /dev/ttys0. I added that for Device and restarted apcupsd and now I am good! ;) Thank you @guru69

How would it appear for ethernet to usb on a UPS?

Edited by dfox1787