Copy to appdata

This feels like a really stupid question, but im new to this and for the life in me cant figure out how to copy files from my pc to the appdata folder(for delugevpn pia files). I can see all the other shares in windows but appdata does not show up nor can i find a interface or terminal command to make the transfer. How can i copy the openvpn files if i cant see the appdata as a shared drive on windows?

Check the settings for that user share and make sure it is shared on the network. I prefer to make shares like this secure and hidden so other people can't mess with them or even know they exist, but the authorized user can still work with it by typing its path.

where do i find a setting for that? i looked at the config file and it was public. share status just says share contains data

i see all the shares i created and the flash drive but thats all windows can see. i tried to type the ip/appdata to access it with no luck either.

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, shanegetsu said:

what was the solution? I am having the exact same issue as you and I cannot figure it out haha

That user hasn't visited the forum since making those posts 2 years ago.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post.

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2020 at 8:09 AM, trurl said:

That user hasn't visited the forum since making those posts 2 years ago.

Go to Tools - Diagnostics and attach the complete Diagnostics ZIP file to your NEXT post.

I'm also looking for an answer to this one.  I have a very large plex DB I'd like to migrate to Unraid, and I have no idea how to get access to the appdata folder.  Edit1:  I can get in there with WINSCP; however, I have a feeling that is going to be way too slow for my purposes, would like to be able to just map the drive on windows.

Edited by jacob.pederson