Forum slow?

3 hours ago, uldise said:

the solution was just Mark whole site as read to reduce unread post count.. then it works very well....  

Yes, but that won't work for me and the unread list is just the actual unread posts I have to read, I can't mark them read.

Also just browsing the forum is slower than it use to be, though not as noticeable as the unread problem.

7 hours ago, uldise said:

Yes, i have very similar experience with unRead content on different site with IPS too.. the solution was just Mark whole site as read to reduce unread post count.. then it works very well....  

I have yet to ever see good performance on IPS boards in that area. All of them seem extremely horrible compared to other forum software like XenForo. I would never say it (IPS) works very well.

I have yet to ever see good performance on IPS boards in that area. All of them seem extremely horrible compared to other forum software like XenForo. I would never say it (IPS) works very well.

Yep, XenForo is faster, but at the least the one I browse doesn't update the unread list automatically when you click the browser back button, like IPS does, and I do like that, though the bug reported earlier of sometimes unread posts disappearing without being read is still happening.