Windows 10 Spring Update 2018 - Changes [SOLVED]

25 minutes ago, NAStyBox said:

I had no idea people use "Homegroups". I just thought it was an annoying post-install pop-up. 

So did I until I ran into a problem of not being able to find any computers on the network.  I finally decided to try it and it worked.  (See two posts above for my reasoning.)  It did take a while to get the thing tamed so it wasn't sharing everything and anything that was on the computer. 

You can get around the problem of not having network discovery by setting up a folder (I named mine "Network View') on the desktop.  Then you use the URL line on Windows Explorer to get each computer on the network (Can't remember if I used the IP address or the computer 'Name').  Then backup one level to the Network View.  Then drag-and-drop the Computer you want to the folder and create a shortcut in the folder to that computer.  (After I got everything working, I changed the icons to ones that indicated what happened when you clicked on it.  The Network View folder has a Networking icon and each computer has a computer icon. )  

To get to a computer in Windows Explorer you have to put    \\TOWER    or   \\192.168.3.124    in the Windows Explorer URL line.   The   \\  are important!

Edited by Frank1940
  • 1 month later...