WebUI has become unresponsive

I think this has been caused by Duplicati but not 100% sure.

The stats tab and the Duplicati docker wouldn't load, I tried to stop the Duplicati docker and now the whole UI isnt working, I just get a 504 Gateway Timeout.

What can I do to get things working again? My VMs are still running fine but I want to be able to gracefully restart the server if need be.

I have SSH access.

Thanks.

Edited by Spies

You will probably have to force an unclean shutdown at some time the future.  But, first, try a quick push on the power button (~ 1 second) on the server.  If it is still responding the may allow to shutdown cleanly.  A 5+ second press on the power button will force a (unclean) shutdown.

After you get everything restarted, I would be checking to see that the Dockers and VM's are storing any data files on physical media.  (Unlike most Linux installations, unRAID is completely installed on a RAM Disk.  (Everytime, you boot the system , it completely reinstalled again onto that RAM disk.)  Thus its storage capacity is quite limited.  Plus, it has no cache file on a HD to 'roll out' inactive files/programs when RAM becomes short.)  All docker and VM's should probably be storing the data on the cache drive (  /mnt/cache/  ). a disk share (  /mnt/diskX  )  or in one of the User Shares in  /mnt/user     

If they aren't doing that, you should be asking about why they aren't.  

One thing to do at this point is to install the   Fix Common Problems  plugin.  This plugin has a 'Troubleshooting mode' and you should turn that on. In that mode, it will write diagnostics files in the  logs   folder/directory on the flash drive.  Hopefully, those files will provide some clues as to what is going on the next time it happens.  

You might also want to google using   unRAID as a primary item in all searches and other terms like  'Duplicati locks up system'.   (The search engine on this forum is either terrible or very, very difficult to figure out how to use.)