Upgrading Parity Drives

After a few years of running 4TB drives in my system I have decided to purchase 2x6TB to start with.

So i need to upgrade my Parity Drives first, i haven’t had to do this yet...

Do i preclear the new 6TB Hard drive go into New Configuration, keep the cache drive and Data drive setup.

Select the 4TB parity drive that is good and save the config with the Parity drive marked as good.

Then go back in and add the 6TB Hard Drive to the Parity array ?

Or is there a better way to do this ?

Perhaps you need to list the drives you have and the intended final result.

I couldn't parse what you intended to do by

7 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Select the 4TB parity drive that is good and save the config with the Parity drive marked as good.

and then

7 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Then go back in and add the 6TB Hard Drive to the Parity array ?

Do you want to end up with 2 parity drives for extra protection?

11 minutes ago, Maticks said:

Just wanting to know the best way to upgrade the Parity Drives.

Best = quickest or safest?

Quickest = new config with all the drives in their final destinations, build both parities and format old ones.

Safest = remove and replace each parity drive one at a time, no new config, just rebuild one parity at a time with parity checks between each replacement, add the old parity drives as data drives after both new parities have been replaced and checked.

You would probably be reasonably safe to do half way between approach and do a New Config and specify the new parity drives and then let parity rebuild (keeping the old parity drives unchanged at this point).  As long as you have not written to the array in the meantime you could always go back to the old config if something goes wrong while building parity on the new drives.    Then only when new parity drives successfully rebuilt consider adding the old parity drives as data drives (thus overwriting their contents)