unRAID OS version 6.5.2 available

To upgrade:

• If you are running any 6.4 stable release or any 6.4-rc/6.5-rc release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Tools/Update OS page.
  • If you are running a pre-6.4 release, click 'Check for Updates' on the Plugins page.
  • If the above doesn't work, navigate to Plugins/Install Plugin, select/copy/paste this plugin URL and click Install:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/dnld.lime-technology.com/stable/unRAIDServer.plg

Refer also to @ljm42 excellent 6.4 Update Notes which still are helpful if you are upgrading from a pre-6.4 release.

This is another security and bug fix release, with yet more cool improvements by @bonienl among which are:

• The context menu for a running docker container now includes a function to open a terminal window for the container console, very handy!
  • You can rearrange the start order of containers by dragging the rows up and down.
  • Add 'Advanced/Basic View' for  'Main/Boot Device/Flash/Syslinux configuration'.  Very nice.
  • Make the 'SMB extra' text box auto-resize.
  • Several styling improvements.

In addition, github user 'shayne' added support for "Docker Labels".  In his words:

Docker object labels: https://docs.docker.com/config/labels-custom-metadata/

More and more containers are taking advantage of container metadata where environment variables are not necessary

Traefik is a good example: https://docs.traefik.io/configuration/backends/docker/#on-containers

Finally, this release includes new microcode from Intel.  Here are their changes vs. the 20180312 microcode release:

== 20180425 Release ==
-- Updates upon 20180312 release --
Processor             Identifier     Version       Products
Model        Stepping F-MO-S/PI      Old->New
---- updated platforms ------------------------------------
GLK          B0       6-7a-1/01 0000001e->00000022 Pentium Silver N/J5xxx, Celeron N/J4xxx
---- removed platforms ------------------------------------
BDX-ML       B/M/R0   6-4f-1/ef 0b000021           Xeon E5/E7 v4; Core i7-69xx/68xx

-- Special release with caveats --
BDX-ML       B/M/R0   6-4f-1/ef           0b00002c Xeon E5/E7 v4; Core i7-69xx/68xx

The "Special release with caveats" means that the firmware should only be loaded when using kernels with certain sets of patches installed.  We have checked and verified that all specified patches are included with the kernel in this release (4.14.40).

Due to security updates all users are encouraged to update.

Version 6.5.2 2018-05-15

Base distro:

• Replace lxterminal with sakura version 3.5.0
  • intel-microcode: version 20180425
  • mozilla-firefox: version 60.0 (CVE-2018-5150, CVE-2018-5151, CVE-2018-5152, CVE-2018-5153, CVE-2018-5154, CVE-2018-5155, CVE-2018-5157, CVE-2018-5158, CVE-2018-5159, CVE-2018-5160, CVE-2018-5163, CVE-2018-5164, CVE-2018-5165, CVE-2018-5166, CVE-2018-5167, CVE-2018-5168, CVE-2018-5169, CVE-2018-5172, CVE-2018-5173, CVE-2018-5174, CVE-2018-5175, CVE-2018-5176, CVE-2018-5177, CVE-2018-5180, CVE-2018-5181, CVE-2018-5182)
  • php: version 7.2.5 (CVE-2018-10545, CVE-2018-10546, CVE-2018-10547, CVE-2018-10548, CVE-2018-10549)
  • smartmontools: update drivedb and hwdata/{pci.ids,usb.ids,oui.txt,manuf.txt}

Linux kernel:

• version 4.14.40
  • added driver:
    • CONFIG_PATA_SIL680: CMD / Silicon Image 680 PATA support

Management:

• webgui: Fixed calculation of next custom parity schedule
  • webgui: Suppress Docker PHP error if container has no ports exposed or utilized
  • webgui: Docker skip hidden files when listing directories
  • webgui: Adjusted TAB color styling for all themes
  • webgui: Added branch type to previous version
  • webgui: Suppress auto generated hyperlinks by MS Edge
  • webgui: Docker: added pause/resume commands & container console window
  • webgui: Added: Docker Pause/Resume all Containers buttons
  • webgui: Make sorting of Docker and VM list draggable
  • webgui: Fixed column count in Docker container list
  • webgui: CSS correction VM list for themes white and black
  • webgui: Add class A (/8) network mask
  • webgui: Smart syslinux configuration
  • webgui: Syslinux config: basic and advanced mode
  • webgui: Make SMB extra auto sizeable
  • webgui: Add support for Docker Labels to Docker plugin
  • webgui: Add release notes to version string in header
  • webgui: Fixed incorrect display of memory size on dashboard
    • Memory size is incorrectly displayed when a parity check is running
  • webgui: Fixed regression error in docker_cfg file
  • webgui: Minor style adjustment for Docker containers and VMs

• Like 5
Just now, andacey said:

Any word on when we can expect the kernel to move to 4.15 or 4.16? Not wanting to complain, but I have a new build with a Coffee Lake CPU and I'd love to get official support for the graphics.

Yes we are moving to 4.16 kernel in unRAID 6.6 release, under construction now.

• Like 5

Really nice update this, many thanks

not completely related to this version but is apparent when you click on the “I” next to version number...is it possible to make pop-ups scrollable on a tablet? The release notes get chopped off. Same happens when the update is downloading and again when dockers/plug-ins are installing.

1 hour ago, Dazog said:

Almost wonder if 4.16 goes EOL when 4.17 comes out?

Yes when 4.17 gets released if we are still in unRAID 6.6-rc phase we would almost certainly move to that kernel - which is to say, we'll probably upgrade to that kernel ::)

I guess the only possible exception is if 4.16 gets marked 'LTS' but that is not likely.

Unable to go from 6.5.2 rc2 to this build via the update OS method. It simply does not find the update.

It seems like the button to change from next to stable is broken, and it just resets (as it does in some other settings like the docker container).

DNS blocking amazon server :(

Fixed, and not your issue :)

Edited by marshy919

Upgrade did not go smooth from 6.5.1. I ran the CA Upgrade Checker, which showed I was good to go. 

I'll have to debug when I get home. It's not up locally at all. I'll need to get a monitor & keyboard connected to debug further. ☹️

Upgrade was fine. I believe the system got stuck in BIOS  or at shutdown. Power button immediately powered the system down and it booted up like normal afterward. ???

Edited by ryann

Upgraded my unRAID Server and I had one issue that my virtual (br0) network was gonna. Restarted the Docker service after that everything was fine. 

Love the the way we can choice the start order of the Docker containers. Very nice done! Also the terminal option in the context menu is cool.

Thanks dev team.

Edit

Shouldn't the blog get updated? The latest announcement in the blog is about unRAID 6.4, awareness for unRAID 6.5 is surely justified.

Yeah, I also noticed it awhile back.

Edited by MvL