unRAID OS version 6.5.2 available

1 minute ago, Taddeusz said:

I like the new Docker console option but it would be nice to make the shell it launches selectable. Most, if not all, Docker images I've had to go into have bash installed. Bash is much preferred to the bare "sh".

+1

3 minutes ago, Taddeusz said:

I like the new Docker console option but it would be nice to make the shell it launches selectable. Most, if not all, Docker images I've had to go into have bash installed. Bash is much preferred to the bare "sh".

Many containers do not have 'bash' included, while most do have 'sh' included.

You can type 'bash' once the console is opened.

Make a feature request to have this selectable by container.

On 5/22/2018 at 10:18 AM, slade4g63 said:

Any chance for Zfs array options soon?

Doubt that will ever happen as a native implementation.

The Linux kernel is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. (GPL-2.0)

OpenZFS is licensed under the Common Development and Distribution License. (CDDL)

The two just aren't compatible with each other.

Will the new LSI SAS 9400-16i sata card work with this new version of unraid?  Drivers included or I would have to manually install them?

update: nevermind, that card is not on the compatibility list.

Will the LSI 9305-16i be supported soon?

otherwise I will have to go with the LSI 9305-24i

Edited by Switchblade
6.5.2 has been great. I'm really enjoying the ability to drop in to a Docker container's shell right from the GUI. I didn't realize how useful that feature would be!

Only if it worked in safari, it would be nice yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No problems here, but i noticed that sometimes the array does not spin down. I've set it to 2 hours, but sometimes it just stays up.

I'm not sure if this is 6.5.2 related or a common v6 issue? I did not had this problem with V5 (been running V6 for a month or so now).

(inotifywait doesn't show any activity)

5 hours ago, jowi said:

No problems here, but i noticed that sometimes the array does not spin down. I've set it to 2 hours, but sometimes it just stays up.

I'm not sure if this is 6.5.2 related or a common v6 issue? I did not had this problem with V5 (been running V6 for a month or so now).

(inotifywait doesn't show any activity)

I've been fighting a similar problem, disks spinning up with no modification to files.  I'm running cache_dirs and used to be able to have disks spun down for days/weeks.  Now I've just given in and gone with it and have them all spinning all the time as they were in constant flux with no real activity.

It would be VERY nice to have unraid it's self help out with tracking disk spin-up, as that is one of the primary reasons for unraid over traditional raid.  It is very frustrating to troubleshoot this, and with Docker & VMs being more a core offering...the "It's the addons" line is holding less and less water :).

To be clear, I'm not upset or angry, just poking fun.  I'm a huge fan of unraid and have used it for over 8 and will continue to use it...would just like some more help in this area from the devs as even an advanced user can't track what reads are spinning up disks so we can trace them back.  Is it a cache miss on a directory list?  Is it an inspection of a file?  I know this is complex stuff, and I'm not asking for an easy button....but right now, my toolbox is empty on how to address this.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Switchblade said:

Will the new LSI SAS 9400-16i sata card work with this new version of unraid?  Drivers included or I would have to manually install them?

update: nevermind, that card is not on the compatibility list.

Will the LSI 9305-16i be supported soon?

otherwise I will have to go with the LSI 9305-24i

I believe it was said here it is supported, but I went with the Adaptec 1000 2288400-R (1000-16i ) 

2 hours ago, ovcrash said:

I have a mac with Safari and it works fine.

I have Safari 11.1 on macOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra).

My guess, you don't have SSH enabled in settings>identification. It's my understanding that Safari doesn't handle web sockets properly on secure web pages.

2 hours ago, CRD said:

Upgraded with no major issues from 6.3.x, my preclear plugin no longer works. Will check out the preclear thread. Thank you all for the hard work.

There are issues with the preclear plugin and the latest versions of unRAID.  It is highly recommended that you remove the preclear plugin.

See the post below for recommendations for upgrading from 6.3.x to 6.5.x. Note in particular this line from the Before you upgrade from 6.3.5 section.

- You must uninstall Advanced Buttons (see this) and the Preclear plugin (see this, this, this, this, this, this).  Consider uninstalling unmenu (see this), the Pipework docker (see this), and any other plugins you no longer use.