Cache drive space: Size vs Size on disk

I have been changing some things around on my serve and I want to switch my cached drive from a 750GB hybrid to a 120GB SSD.  Unraid reports that I am currently using 33.4 GB with 717GB free.  While moving files around via Windows' file explorer on my desktop I clciked on properties for my appdata folder and it reports that the size is 9.71GB but the size on disk is 252GB.  I have some basic understanding of cluster sizes and such and realize that actually data usually takes up moire hard drive space, but that much??

Is Windows just reporting it wrong?  When I saw the 33.4GB used I thought a 120GB SSD was plenty.  Now I'm a bit concerned. 

P.S.  My cache drive is currently using BTRFS.

21 minutes ago, RockDawg said:

While moving files around via Windows' file explorer on my desktop I clciked on properties for my appdata folder and it reports that the size is 9.71GB but the size on disk is 252GB.

It's normal, Windows reports the wrong size, though I believe this was fixed recently, not sure if it's only on an RC.

I think some update have added a parameter block size = 4096 to the samba configuration file.

The figures above seem to indicate that Windows have received info about of number of 512 byte blocks consumed but assumed it was 4096 byte blocks and so calculated 8 times too much disk space consumed by the files.