Random Reboots

Hi Everybody,

Getting random reboots.

Going to put the advanced troubleshooter on. The system is only 2 months old.  You guys can tell me what to post next time it happens.

Here's a little info:

Server Specs

32 gigs ram ECC

Ryzen 8 core processor

Asrock x370 pro 4 board

5 – 10TB Seagate Drives
1 250g Samsung on m.2

Thermaltake Core W200 Dual System Capable Extreme Water Cooling XL-ATX Fully Modular/Dismantle Stackable Tt Certified Super Tower Computer Case CA-1F5-00F1WN-00

5 Fans installed.

750w corsair power supply

I have a CyberPower 1500VA /900W PSU
I think I'm using a Nextech 16g Flashdrive.

- I have ran a mentest with 0 errors

- Disabled C6-State for the Ryzen Cpu

- Running the Latest version of Unraid (6.5.1?)

- Drives are keeping a steady Temperature 
Router Asus RT AC5300 (Merlin Firmware)

Not running many apps.

Sonarr

NZBGetVPN

Plex,  few other ones

Haven't loaded it up until I'm sure it's going to run without constant issues.

I'm thinking power supply,  maybe flashdrive?? The other thing is, it just doesn't like the Ryzen CPU.   Could still be a number of things, even a bad drive.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

What is your 'at idle' power level?  (You can find this on the UPS settings page or on the Dashboard page.)  I seem to recall that there were some issues with some PS not behaving properly with boards that had low idle power levels. 

By the way, the PS is an excellent starting point.  Often times, you may have one laying around, can borrow one from a friend or even get a "loaner" from a vendor with a thirty day return policy.  I will tell you that I had a Corsair CX-450 fail last year with the same type of failure as you are experiencing.  

2 hours ago, Badboy said:

Going to put the advanced troubleshooter on.

Are talking about the Fix Common Problems  plugin?   Remember to turn on the 'Troubleshooting mode' after installing it.  

Are you overclocking either your CPU's cores or it's memory manager (i.e. are you clocking your RAM faster than the standard rate* for your CPU)? The fact that you give more information about your CPU cooler than you do about your CPU and RAM (which, being ECC, is probably not on the QVL) suggests that you might well be! What is the power supply, anyway. Corsair CX (green lettering) and VS (orange lettering) are pretty low quality but the high end ones (AX, HX, RM) are fine.

*That's maximum 1333 MHz (DDR-2666) for 1000-series Ryzen and 1466 MHz (DDR-2933) for 2000-series, though may be lower depending how many RAM chips are hanging on the bus, due to loading.

16 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

What is your 'at idle' power level?  (You can find this on the UPS settings page or on the Dashboard page.)  I seem to recall that there were some issues with some PS not behaving properly with boards that had low idle power levels. 

By the way, the PS is an excellent starting point.  Often times, you may have one laying around, can borrow one from a friend or even get a "loaner" from a vendor with a thirty day return policy.  I will tell you that I had a Corsair CX-450 fail last year with the same type of failure as you are experiencing.  

Are talking about the Fix Common Problems  plugin?   Remember to turn on the 'Troubleshooting mode' after installing it.  

Yes,  I did turn troubleshooting mode on. Thank you.  FYI: I did have a reboot issue before I put the PSU on.  Thanks guys for your input.

Here's my PSU Details

APC 001,032,0751 DATE 2018-05-16 14:50:47 -0400

DRIVER USB UPS Driver UPSMODE Stand Alone
STARTTIME 2018-05-14 20:53:48 -0400 MODEL LX1500GU
STATUS Online LINEV 119.0 Volts
LOADPCT 22.0 Percent BCHARGE 100.0 Percent
TIMELEFT 43.0 Minutes MBATTCHG 10 Percent
MINTIMEL 10 Minutes MAXTIME 0 Seconds
OUTPUTV 119.0 Volts DWAKE -1 Seconds
LOTRANS 100.0 Volts HITRANS 139.0 Volts
ALARMDEL 30 Seconds NUMXFERS 0
TONBATT 0 Seconds CUMONBATT 0 Seconds