Rack mounted PC Case

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a decent rack mounted PC case that can take full size GPU's, and around 6  to 8 x 3.5" hdd's.

Does anyone have any ideas on any good ones?

Was looking at In Win, but not quite sure what im looking at there.

Also availability in the UK would be great.

I'm planning on getting a 12u Wall mounted rack with 600mm depth.

Any help would be great!

• 4 weeks later...
Awesome thanks for the links!

Thats a great start.

Any others?

I bought a decent case and built nas with those requirements. I could only find a 4u case that was short depth and had 8 hotswap. 2u were always full depth. Bought from servercase.

https://www.logic-case.com/products/rackmount-chassis/4u/4u-short-storage-chassis-w-8x-35-sata-hot-swap-bays---eatx-motherboard-support-sc-43400-8hs/

Only issue is the drive can get a bit hot because the airflow does not suck air through the drive bays only.

I added two 80cm noctua fans and run them at full speed 2160rpm and four drive run at 38/40 on idle. Could be better.

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Simontv said:

Only issue is the drive can get a bit hot because the airflow does not suck air through the drive bays only.

Tape over all other openings so ALL the intake air has to cool the drives. Make sure there are no intake fans, only exhaust, unless they directly help pull air over the drives. Use clear packing tape if aesthetics are an issue, otherwise masking tape.

I actually ended up getting:

https://www.logic-case.com/products/rackmount-chassis/4u/4u-standard-chassis-15-x-35-hdd-sc-415h/

The front fans pull air through the front and blow over the drives, and then another row of fans behind the drives pull the air from over the drives and push over the hardware.

Its currently in a really warm room, and drives are around 33c doing a full on parity check, so constant use for a good few hours.

But the fans are pretty loud for the room its in, currently moving so in the new place I'll put it in the garage where it can hum away as much as it wants.

What you purchased  seems considerably less expensive than my solution but here is my setup that may have worked. This runs in my bedroom and had to be quiet.

My Unraid server is built in a Silverstone Grandia GD08. I do not have it in a rack but you can purchase rack mounts for this case. I have a full size GTX 1060 GPU with a Micro ATX M/B but it  can accept ATX. Comes with 2 underside fans. I think. I have 4 x 3.5 inch, 1 x SSD, 1 x NVME. Will easily fit at least 3 more 3.5 inch drives. It has a removable caddy so you can place drives in first and then place them back in the case. The cable management is average and will be spaghetti. It also has two DVD bays which could be used for 3.5 inch drive placement as well. It runs pretty quiet with the included fans. I have a Noctua CPU cooler and an additional rear Noctua fan which keeps the server cool enough and quiet.

The rack mounts look questionable whether they can hold all that weight on their ears.. I would suspect you would need back support if you put it in a rack. 144 USD as of 6/12/2018 on US Amazon.

This PC case looks like a Stereo receiver so it blends well in a cabinet.

Attached an overhead photo of case. The Two flat handles are seen that are used to lift caddy out of case.

IMG_4990.JPG

Edited by perPLEXed
Add overhead photo.