Disks connected to MB SATA ports shown as missing, others are fine

Yesterday for the first time 6 of my disks showed as missing from the array. Checking the cables I realized those 6 were connected to the Motherboard SATA ports while the rest are on 2 AOC-SASLP-MV8 (21 in total). This happened for the first time on 6.5.1 and I had already upgraded to 6.5.2, but hadn't reboot my server yet. It happened again on 6.5.2 while I was running a parity check (after having those failed drives before, even though it said Parity was valid). I should mention the drives showed up for about half an hour, but I didn't actually use anything from them, so they might have only shown during boot, but never actually been there? The first time they were up for several hours before disappearing though.

I had random drives go missing before from the Supermicro cards, but not from the MB. Simply checking the plugs worked. I read that Marvel controllers had a bug with IOMMU and HVM so I disabled that between the first failure and the second. I wonder if I should go back to 6.4.1 which worked without problem or if my MB is actually dying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've uploaded the diagnostics of the latest failure (when I took it, it only showed 4 drives as missing, but then the other 2 went missing as well).

tower-diagnostics-20180517-0225.zip

Edited by crazygambit
25 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Looks like a problem with the onboard SATA controller, i.e., the motherboard.

Well, that's not very good news.  

The issue appears to be intermittent, since I've had the server up for the last hour and I've tested the drives are indeed working and they are. Though I'm not running any dockers and I'm not downloading anything, just in case. I will look into getting a new MB though. Probably won't find one that fits that old CPU in my neck of the woods, so I'm probably gonna need a new one as well. Definitely not good news, but thanks for taking the time to answer.