Slow Read Speeds from unRAID Server 10Gb Network

Hey Guys,
I have a new server setup and I'm having issues with slow read speeds once data has moved from the cache to the array. When it's on the cache it reads back from the Windows 10 system around 700-900mb/second. This is going to a m.2 in the windows system. 

Once the data is on the array however my speeds drop to 150-200mb/s to the m.2 on the windows system. 

I have already changed the MTU setting to 9014 (which is the jumbo packet size on the windows side) and changed the Tunable (direct IO) to Yes in the Global Share Settings in unRAID.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am still new to unRAID so maybe I am missing something.

I have tried this one two different Windows 10 machines with 2 different 10gb nics.

Thanks!

Well, the max read from a spinner is ~250MB/sec, so if you are getting ~200MB/sec then you are right in line with what I would expect over a network with 2 NICs in the path.  If you are getting ~200Mb/sec, then that's a problem.  Can you confirm if you are seeing Megabits, or Megabytes a second?

• Upvote 1
Well, the max read from a spinner is ~250MB/sec, so if you are getting ~200MB/sec then you are right in line with what I would expect over a network with 2 NICs in the path.  If you are getting ~200Mb/sec, then that's a problem.  Can you confirm if you are seeing Megabits, or Megabytes a second?
Sorry for the confusion. Those are all in megabytes per second. Not bits.

Shouldn't I be getting quicker speeds since there are multiple drives or does unraid not work that way (obviously I know I wont see RAID0 speeds but I thought I would get faster performance than just a single disk speed).

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk