Failing drive and ungodly long parity-sync

Ok so I ran a long test on one of the drives, but I accidentally ran a test on a different drive so I started the test on the correct drive now and will post the result as soon as it's done.

This is the smart report for

Device Model:     WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0
Serial Number:    WD-WCAZA5742681

smartsdglong.txt

Edited by Imba

Sigh, so I'm not sure what I need to do now. I know there are something that I don't have backups of, and would need to try to retrieve and I know the drives need to be replaced but I'm how I should go about things now. I'm worried that everything is gonna be lost.

IMO your best bet it to create a new array with the known good disks (adding more new ones if needed for space) and then mount the failing disks with the UD plugin and copy everything you can to the array, you should be able to copy most data, alternatively you can use ddrescue to clone the disks and recover as much data as possible, then create a new array with all the good disks.

11 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

mount the failing disks with the UD plugin

He's on 4.7 so no Unassigned Devices.

You'd have to go to the command line to mount the disks.

Or update to V6 if possible. Might have to add RAM to get a stable system though. V6 would be so very much easier to work with.

Unless you already know enough linux to mount disks, there's going to be a learning curve either way. Did you look at the upgrade wiki I linked earlier?

You could use your old version to set a New Config with only the good disks, sync parity, then worry about how to get the data from the other disks after that.

I think an upgrade is really called for eventually in any case.

Is there a way to get the smart report without having to power down and plug the flash drive into another computer?  NVM Figured it out.

They array won't stop so I can shut it down. After waking up the monitor to do the smart report this is flashing on the screen:

REISERFS error (device md5): -vs13070 reiserfs_read_locked_inode: i/o failure occured trying to find stat data of {30 172 0x0 SD]

OH god.jpg

Edited by Imba
new problem