Failing drive and ungodly long parity-sync

Well I'm getting replacement drives later today. I guess I'll remove disk5 (it didn't have anything on it anways) and rebuild the array with the good disks for now. Would it be wise to update after the new array is up so I can deal with the failed drives?

I removed the failing drives and have all the good drives connect, but I'm not getting an option to make a new array. All it says is "Invalid Configuration" "Too many wrong and/or missing drives.

Is it possible that removing the two failing drives was one too many? I know v4.7 is a tad nutty.

Edited by Imba

I was wrong, utils -> new config is for v5 only, on v4.7 there-s no GUI option, stop the array, go to the console and type:

initconfig

The array will be initialized but all disks will remain assigned, then unaasign the failing disks and optionally assign any new ones.

Status Update!

1. The array is protected and back online

2. I've upgrade to v6 it's so pretty O_O

3. I've had an issue with windows not being able to access the serve in explore from the network tab, I get a 'path could no be found' error. However I can access the server if I type out it's ip address \\10.1.10.207. This kind of a problem because I can't get some programs to access the server either since it tries to use the servers name (e.g \\Hive)

4. I guess I need to use UD to see if I can pull files from the failed drives, but I'm not sure what exactly to do since I'm new to this v6 world ^^

Edited by Imba
  • 2 weeks later...

Still having the issue with windows not being able to access the server. I was looking over the plugin support page for UD and was curious if I have to use a script or something in order to mount the two failing disks I have, or is that for something different and I just have to add the disks?