Options for connecting to VM console

I am new to unraid so apologize for the basic question.   I have created a windows 10 VM with a VNC display adapter.   When I boot it VNC works great to get at the console.

I want to experiment with GPU passthru so I then assigned a physical GPU to the VM.   I started the VM and it obviously never booted up correctly up since I couldn't ping it so there must be some kind of issue.   In this case, how does one watch a virtual VM  console?  It that possible?  I am used to Microsoft and VMware where there is always a web based console to look at no matter how bad you screw up the VM or cant get to it with RDP.  Thank you!

I don't quite get what you are asking.
virtual VM console on a windows 10? - unraid console (SSH)?

anyway, It sounds like the problem is before windows 10 even starts, so I would look at unraid.
I would check the log by connecting to Unraid GUI, see if any errors shows up when starting the VM.
what is your primary GPU (for unraid) and what is your secondary GPU (pass)? - If you are using a single Nvidia GPU - have you added a modified rom to support this?

On 5/18/2018 at 7:55 PM, ov10mech said:

I am new to unraid so apologize for the basic question.   I have created a windows 10 VM with a VNC display adapter.   When I boot it VNC works great to get at the console.

I want to experiment with GPU passthru so I then assigned a physical GPU to the VM.   I started the VM and it obviously never booted up correctly up since I couldn't ping it so there must be some kind of issue.   In this case, how does one watch a virtual VM  console?  It that possible?  I am used to Microsoft and VMware where there is always a web based console to look at no matter how bad you screw up the VM or cant get to it with RDP.  Thank you!

There is no facility to watch the console if using a passed-thrust GPU - it is either VNC or the GPU.   In such a case it is a bit of a trial-and-error process to get it working.  Some people seem to never get the GPU passed through on their system.