can't login into wiki !?

Fireball3

My 2cents:

@limetech should ditch the wiki entirely.  It's extremely outdated, and the interest by the users here has never been to keep it up to date, even during the old SMF days.  unRaid's wiki has always, and will always suck.  Its a side effect from the fact that the forum is so good.  (And IIRC the one user who was actually making an attempt at it (RobJ) hasn't been online for over a year now)

The forum has pretty much everything that the wiki should, and the bulk of that is already organized and kept up to date via FAQ's, etc.

Since presumably you wanted to update the wiki for cross-flashing instructions, I'd suggest that you simply create another thread from scratch, as the existing one is way too long and the info anyone needs (myself for instance when I crossflashed via EFI, I seem to recall finding your instructions on page 77).  Ask a OP to pin the new thread, and unpin the old one (but include a link in the new OP to the old thread)

Edited by Squid

The wiki might be outdated, but certain parts are still updated.

It's a good anchor point and deserves just a bit more love. Especially for recurring problems it's very useful.

It takes a lot of time to repeat things again and again and the forum search is of no help unfortunately.

I wouldn't scrap it without a proper alternative - the forum is not.

This my 2ct.

Now who's the admin in charge of the wiki to re-enable my account?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 5/20/2018 at 1:58 AM, Fireball3 said:

Especially for recurring problems it's very useful.

It takes a lot of time to repeat things again and again and the forum search is of no help unfortunately.

It took me some time to figure out the forum's search and it's quirks, but it works. #tapeandglue

I would've been happy to update the Wiki with the knowledge that I am gaining from SpaceInvaderOne's videos and raiding (pun intended) the Unraid forum, but logging in with my forum credentials simply doesn't work as stated before.

I see a lot of reoccurring threads, but I suppose that is human nature. Either A) humans are lazy to make the effort to find the information they are looking for or B) humans are making the effort and the back-end is hindering the person's ability to find what they are looking for.

Pro Tip #31: Using the search operator site:forums.unraid.net and your search term(s) with DuckDuckGo/StartPage/Google makes finding the information that you are looking for WAY more easier.