New Router

opentoe

I have been looking for the Linksys EA9500 V2 router. I already bought 2 and they happen to be the old V1.1. Does anyone know where the V2's are available? Online or local store? I bought from Amazon, thinking they would have the latest, but not so. The V2 has a Quad Core processor and 1GG of memory and 2 3.0 USB ports. The V1.1 has inferior specs. The SKU is the same, and so is the model number. That's why it is hard to find. Maybe the only way would be hitting the streets and physically looking at the box. The will say 1.4 Dual Core or 1.8 Quad Core, indicating the difference in versions. Not hooked on linksys either. I've seen the Netgear Blackhawk X10 as well. These are just over priced high end consumer routers. I'd even switch to a small business or enterprise router if it would benefit me. By the way, what router are you using at home?

33 minutes ago, opentoe said:

By the way, what router are you using at home?

Ubiquiti edgerouter pro. Way overkill for my internet connection but I wanted a rack mounted router so I bought one.

I use 2x Unifi AP AC Pro for my wireless. 3500 sq ft home.

Never knew why consumer routers needs so much CPU, what are you running on the router?

a crypto miner (kidding)?

pure software only VPN solution?

very deep packet inspection on saturated 100mbps internet links?

I just run this Mikrotik RouterBOARD 750G r3 on multiple houses (mine, parents, sibling) and VPN link them with IPSEC + EOIP/GRE

and I'm relatively happy (residential internet here maxes out at 50mbps)

The router supports over 35 devices. Computers, phones, tablets, video camera transmissions and this is all 24/7. 3 VLAN's, a direct VPN tunnel to my office and all that other great stuff. The only time I ever get 1Gbit is on the usenet groups. Anything else is just regular plain speeds, but it's not all just about speed. Speaking of mining, I still have bitcoins in my wallet from like 3 years ago when they were $90 each. I had lots of miners doing the heavy work but got out of it when it became too commercial. Having only 150AMP 110V isn't going to cut it. Need real hashing power these days.