Email notification on NAS reboot

I find your request confusing.   (Is English your first language?)   From what you seem to be saying, you seem to be requiring  a password to start the boot process.  I can only assume that this is a setting somewhere in the Motherboard BIOS.  Why have you set the server up to require this action?  How to you expect unRAID to send an E-mail when it is not even running?  

18 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

I find your request confusing.   (Is English your first language?)   From what you seem to be saying, you seem to be requiring  a password to start the boot process.  I can only assume that this is a setting somewhere in the Motherboard BIOS.  Why have you set the server up to require this action?  How to you expect unRAID to send an E-mail when it is not even running?  

Right, English is not my first language. I'm using xfs+encryption with password, and when unRAID boots up it won't start until I enter disk password. It exactly what I want, but I would like to be notified that unRAID was restarted and waiting decryption password. 

When there are encrypted disks in the array, it requires a key to start the array.

This key is entered via the GUI, which shows the message missing key when the system is restarted and an attempt is done to start the array without the key being present.

There is no notification sent when the missing key event occurs, neither is there a setting to enable this.

You may be able to send a notification using the user scripts plugin or write a custom script which is triggered on the array "starting" event.

3 minutes ago, bonienl said:

When there are encrypted disks in the array, it requires a key to start the array.

This key is entered via the GUI, which shows the message missing key when the system is restarted and an attempt is done to start the array without the key being present.

There is no notification sent when the missing key event occurs, neither is there a setting to enable this.

You may be able to send a notification using the user scripts plugin or write a custom script which is triggered on the array "starting" event.

Yes, I can do script that login to SMTP or Telegram and send notification. I had hope that it possible via GUI options. I just need to know when I should login via web to enter disk password, this feature should be implemented to be used by users who can't code scripts.

Thanks for the answer.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

+1

Best thing would be to get it as part of the regular notification settings, as I'm usually using the pushover interface to get msg about server issues. 

Edit: just noted that was May 2019. 😄  Anyway, does anyone know if there was an outcome? So far I couldn't find any settings allowing for notification in case of reboot. 

Edited by Tjareson

So, I could test it today. And it doesn't work. The script is only executed by the time when the array is actually up and running, not if the start sequence of the array is waiting for the password or key file. I couldn't see any other start option which would make sense here. 
The crontab syntax @reboot is also not supported.

Any other ideas anyone? 

Edited by Tjareson
typo