[Support] binhex - Krusader

On 11/26/2022 at 9:13 AM, Kevin Kok said:

Thanks, kind of had the same issue, I've updated to 6.11.5 and the problem persists, then tried your idea and tried to remove all spaces in the "WEBPAGE_TITLE", and it works!

This is now fixed please pull down latest image, you can then use spaces again in your WEBPAGE_TITLE value if you so desire.

• Like 2

Getting the following after update to latest version:

noVNC encountered an error:

Cannot read properties of null (reading 'addEventListener')
TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'addEventListener')
    at Object.addTouchSpecificHandlers (http://192.168.1.126:6080/app/ui.js:223:13)
    at Object.start (http://192.168.1.126:6080/app/ui.js:78:12)
    at http://192.168.1.126:6080/app/ui.js:45:27

Tried downgrading to binhex/arch-krusader:2.7.2-4-01 and same error. Any Ideas?

EDIT: SOLVED by force refresh (ctrl+refresh in chrome) of the webpage

Edited by aussie_huddo
solved
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

I've just started to get a weird issue in Krusader. The files i'm copying from my Cache drive to my array are transfering instantly, which might sound amazing but it doesn't seem right to me? The cache drive is btrfs and the array is XFS and when i copy files in MC it still takes a bit. For example a 13gig folder took about 3 secs in krusader and around a minute and a half in MC.

Should I be worried??

Edited by zapp8rannigan
1 hour ago, zapp8rannigan said:

Should I be worried??

YES!!!!    I went looking for a post that fully defines the problem but I could not.  However, you should never copy from a Disk Share to a User Share.  Or vice verse.  What can happen is that the file is being copied from the disk, the logic for the Share will assign the same physical disk as the destination for that file.  So the file is being written on top of itself which will truncate it. 

You can get way with it (EDIT: for the cache disk) if the Share's "Use cache pool (for new files/directories):" setting is 'No' or 'Only'.    Anything else and you could have the problem described above.  (You can also get away with it, if the destination disk is different from the source disk.  BUT that is out of your control!)

With the more recent versions of Unraid, there are a lot more storage options than existed a few years back.  If you are using multiple caches and unassigned disks, there are a lot of disk to array operations (and vice verse) that are safe.  What you have to do is to make sure that the "disk" involved is not a part of the Share that you are copying to (or from). 

BTW, cockpit errors cause more problems with data loss than any other single cause!  You have been warned...

Edited by Frank1940

I'm running into a weird problem out of nowhere with binhex-krusader. It won't load, I didn't change anything or update anything. Log files show:

error 3: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) request 20 minor 0 serial 540

Tried restarting, didn't work. Tried full stop, then manually restart, didn't work. Tried uninstalling the entire container and re-installing. 
How can I fix this? :(

On 12/4/2022 at 4:39 PM, Frank1940 said:

YES!!!!    I went looking for a post that fully defines the problem but I could not.  However, you should never copy from a Disk Share to a User Share.  Or vice verse.  What can happen is that the file is being copied from the disk, the logic for the Share will assign the same physical disk as the destination for that file.  So the file is being written on top of itself which will truncate it. 

You can get way with it (EDIT: for the cache disk) if the Share's "Use cache pool (for new files/directories):" setting is 'No' or 'Only'.    Anything else and you could have the problem described above.  (You can also get away with it, if the destination disk is different from the source disk.  BUT that is out of your control!)

With the more recent versions of Unraid, there are a lot more storage options than existed a few years back.  If you are using multiple caches and unassigned disks, there are a lot of disk to array operations (and vice verse) that are safe.  What you have to do is to make sure that the "disk" involved is not a part of the Share that you are copying to (or from). 

BTW, cockpit errors cause more problems with data loss than any other single cause!  You have been warned...

Thanks for your reply, sorry i don't think i explained myself very accurately to be honest, I wasn't actually copying cache to a specific disks I was still using shares. My downloads folder is set to use the cache drive only and then the folder i was copying to would of been the cache again but then would of been sent to the array later as normal.

Seems very odd, it never used to copy this quickly.

4 hours ago, zapp8rannigan said:

My downloads folder is set to use the cache drive only and then the folder i was copying to would of been the cache again but then would of been sent to the array later as normal.

IF you were copying from a Downloads Share to another Share where both the origin folder and the destination folder were on the cache drive, you are fine.  When the case is as described, (Cache folder to cache folder, both folders in a share), only the directory entry is changed to place  the file in the new folder.  The file contents remain exactly where they were.  This happens almost instantly.

Edited by Frank1940
Added "both folders in a share"
  • Like 1
On 12/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, binhex said:

Sorry for bringing up an old question, but I'm struggeling with changing the locale. The "kdeglobals" file doesn't seem to exist in the image anymore (looks like it's based on Debian now?), and I think I'm now supposed to change the USER_LOCALES variable passed to the image instead. However, I can't find a locale within the supported list with English language and ISO-8601 dates. I stumbled upon the only way I find to get the desired output, and it is to set it to a non-English locale with ISO-8601 dates, surrounded by ''. For example 'sv_SE.UTF-8 UTF8'. If I set it to this, I will get English language, and ISO-8601 dates. If I skip the '' I will get Swedish language and ISO-8601 dates. This works, but it feels fragile, as it looks like unintended behaviour that might change at any time. Is there anything I'm missing, or am I best of using this "workaround" for as long as it works?

Hi folks,

When I try to open the VNC web UI, I’m getting an odd error.

SyntaxError: Importing binding name 'supportsImageMetadata' is not found.
moduleDeclarationInstantiation@[native code]
link@[native code]
link@[native code]
link@[native code]
linkAndEvaluateModule@[native code]

Has anyone seen something like this before? The container appears to be running, but I can’t get VNC to connect me to it.

Cannot connect to latest version. Error message:

Uncaught SyntaxError: The requested module './util/strings.js' does not provide an export named 'encodeUTF8'

http://[ip]:[port]/core/rfb.js:12:10

SyntaxError: The requested module './util/strings.js' does not provide an export named 'encodeUTF8'

Tried restarting the container as well as clearing browser cache. 

Something to do on my end or a problem with the version?

does anyone know if there is a way to locally access "mediaInfo" for media files within Krusader? It's cumbersome to open a separate MediaInfo docker container and manually open each file vs. being able to pull the MediaInfo directly in Krusader. I quickly googled but only found the below. is it possible even to install this within binhex's krusader on unraid? If so, could someone tell me how to?

https://store.kde.org/p/1418250

Edited by Linguafoeda
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I have started to have an issue with Krusader the past couple of days.

1. Krusader is no longer deleting anything I tell it to.  Permissions [root/owner/group:rw or rwx] and Owner/Group [nobody:users] are correct and should allow the deletion, but it is not.  I am able to use the Unraid command line to delete the files without issues.
  2. Krusader seems to have issues without copying files correctly and completely.  This usually occurs when copying 500gb+ worth of files.
  3. Krusader seems to do some instant copies on a share > share on the main array, or on a share > pool share.  This does not occur all the time.

I did do a force update, to "reinstall", but nothing seemed to change.  I do have a full copy of a log file after the force update, but it does not seem to have a lot of when I am trying to delete anything.  If I could be informed of where the log files are kept in appdata, I could possibly get more information.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

DataLoreQ

• 3 weeks later...
I noticed Krusader was running really slow so I closed it and tried to restart it, now I just get this error message and nothing helps. It was running find until I upgraded to UNRAID 6.11.5 a couple of days ago.

Cannot read properties of null (reading 'addEventListener')
TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'addEventListener') at Object.addTouchSpecificHandlers (http://192.168.0.12:6080/app/ui.js:223:13) at Object.start (http://192.168.0.12:6080/app/ui.js:78:12) at http://192.168.0.12:6080/app/ui.js:45:27
  • 2 weeks later...

Newbie question here.

How does Krusader work to transfer files from my Linux mint Cinnamon Vera to my unraid server? Or doesn't it work for that? I can't see my laptop when opening Krusader on the docker in unraid.

Also, is Krusader only for text files? I am trying to transfer my entire media library from my linux mint Cinnamon Vera to the Unraid server and get random time-out errors. None on the Unraid help forum seems to be able to give me any solution for this and the general consensus seems to be that krusader is the app to use for file transer. However, I cannot find a clear, in laymans terms how to use Krusader tutorial in the support of Krusader.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if it is a link to watching a lengthy Youtube video (not my favourite thing to do but if it is the only way to learn how to use Krusader, needs must)

Edited by Phil Ash
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 7:00 AM, binhex said:

Hi guys, i am tentatively (very aware a lot of people rely on this) releasing a new version of this docker image, it includes a cleaner more modern ui (dark and light themes available), trimmed docker image size, and ability to customise the ui further (if so desired).

As part of this work i have shuffled the krusader settings around to a more logical location, from the old location of /config/krusader/ to a new location of /config/home/

Due to the change above i would like test this is out with a small group of people before releasing to the wider public, if you want to test the new change then please backup all files/folders in your /config folder for krusader and then left click 'edit' the krusader icon, go to Repository and append :test to the end of the Repository name and click on apply to pull down the new image.

Note - The test tagged image does NOT include a new version of Krusader, so there will be no additional functionality.

Hello,

I was wondering if this is still in the testing phase? I would really like to use the dark theme and the smaller image size would definitely be appreciated.

17 hours ago, littlered said:

Hello,

I was wondering if this is still in the testing phase? I would really like to use the dark theme and the smaller image size would definitely be appreciated.

that was posted in 2020 so its been the 'latest' tagged image for a number of years now, the dark theme is available and the image size is smaller than it was.

10 hours ago, binhex said:

that was posted in 2020 so its been the 'latest' tagged image for a number of years now, the dark theme is available and the image size is smaller than it was.

Yeah, I thought so, but I don't see anything regarding themes when I go through the Krusader menu or under "Configure Krusader" and the UI has been pretty much the same since I installed the docker a few years back, so I figured I would ask. 

Is there something I should change in the config or a specific place I should go to change the theme?

Thanks!

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

I got this weird result with Krusader - 100% completed, but also "Stalled".

image.png.98acea994231c834526ae9f653fcfb3e.png

I am having increasing "reallocated sector ct" warnings.  It started lower, but as the copy progressed the reallocated sector ct kept going up to the latest which is now 125.  Do you think that is why the copy of only 780 GB took 4 days, and why it says stalled?

Edited by xrqp