[Support] binhex - Krusader

13 hours ago, Jobine said:

With the old version, I never loose my bookmarks, but with this one I loose it.

Any ideas ?

The old one i believe made no attempt to save any settings for krusader, you probably didn't loose any settings because the image never got updated  and thus the container didnt get deleted:-). That aside i did put in code to symlink (no way of controlling this via flags) krusader settings to /config, however bookmarks get saved in another location inside the container so i need to also symlink this too, leave it with me i got to run through testing first.

2 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

Any way, you can put the name of the Server on the WebUI?  I have been it installed on two different servers and it can be confusing at times to figure out which WebUI tabs is associated to which server.  ?

i will take a look into it.

OK new image building, notes:-

1. you can now define the name shown in your browser tab for novnc, you can define this by adding in an env var with Key 'WEBPAGE_TITLE" and the value being the string you want shown, if no value given it will default to the containers hostname.

2. bookmarks should now persist between reboots and also container tear down.

3. i have had to soft link the whole of .config and .local folders stored in the container, this is due to other utilities that are called within krusader writing their config to that location.

4. In order to add in the title change as noted in 1. i had to rebuild the basegui image, this in turn pulled down the later version of noVNC, in my opinion its a lot nicer, but it might be a bit of a shock so thought it worth noting.

5. regression issue due to 4. the favicon is currently not showing, im looking into it.

IMPORTANT - Due to the soft link change you will loose any krusader settings unless you do the following:-

1. stop the container

2. copy /config/krusader/krusaderrc to /config/krusader/.config/krusaderrc

3. start container

I don't for-see any changes after this so this should be a one off pain, sorry guys.

Edited by binhex
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, binhex said:

1. you can now define the name shown in your browser tab for novnc, you can define this by adding in an env var with name 'WEBPAGE_TITLE" and the value being the string you want shown, if no value given it will default to the containers hostname.

This is what I did:

Capture.JPG.4fc27443601b65ed0e3e1e881c8263d8.JPG

I can't find the server name.  What am i doing wrong?

Edited by Frank1940

Awesome job on the container! Much better than the previous implementation.

I have an idea for a feature, which may not be fully possible, but maybe partially workable. Right now the trash feature of krusader copies the deleted files into the appdata config folder, ideally it would be nice to somehow integrate the samba recycle bin so that files deleted either by samba or krusader could be managed together.

Alternatively, could we have a separate mapping for the krusader trash? It would be nice to map that to the user share system so deleted files could stay on the same drive they were deleted from instead of being copied into the appdata share.

• Like 1

Thank you for your work, @binhex!

I played around with the docker and have 3 quesions/issues for now:

1. If I browse a tar archive, it fills up the docker image due to temporary files being created (I presume). Since I also deal with larger files the docker images gets filled up pretty much completely. Is there a way around this? Maybe with another host path?

2. Unraid is mounted via /media. I have changed the mounting point to /mnt/ instead of /mnt/user/ so I can access disk shares. Is the "trash folder" still reliably created in the user shares and not the top level of the disk shares?

3. Is there a better/convenient way to deal with file permissions? I would much prefer to have the option to maintain ownership and permissions of files, especially when creating backups.

Thank you!

23 hours ago, CHBMB said:
For 1. Try mounting /tmp as /tmp

Or define where it goes via krusader settings, I can't remember where but it's in there, just define it as /config/tmp I might add this as an env var later on.

edit - @Seige bit more time now, its in settings/configure krusader/general/general tab/Temp Folder so if you can set this to something like /config/tmp can you then try it again and see if this fixes the issue, if it does please let me know.

i dont know about 2. and 3. i haven't used krusader much in the past so maybe somebody else can chime in.

Edited by binhex
7 hours ago, InVisibleGoD said:

I have my Krusader container occupying 1.75GiB! Is this normal? Wasn't expecting a file manager to take up this much...

Dockers incorporating a web gui are always going to be larger than most as there a LOT more packages required, its just how it is, you would of course have a smaller download if you are running any of my other dockers as they all share a common base image, and if you also happen to run any of my other gui based docker images then you also get the caching of the base gui image which would drastically reduce the download size.

39 minutes ago, binhex said:

Dockers incorporating a web gui are always going to be larger than most as there a LOT more packages required, its just how it is, you would of course have a smaller download if you are running any of my other dockers as they all share a common base image, and if you also happen to run any of my other gui based docker images then you also get the caching of the base gui image which would drastically reduce the download size.

Oh... wasn't aware of that! I am also using your dockers delugevpn (using 1.06GB) and jackett (1.18GB), so is ok to assume that's a normal size usage for Krusader?

4 minutes ago, InVisibleGoD said:

Oh... wasn't aware of that! I am also using your dockers delugevpn (using 1.06GB) and jackett (1.18GB), so is ok to assume that's a normal size usage for Krusader?

there is no 'normal size' for a docker images tbh, but if you are asking is this the correct size for this particular docker image, then the answer is yes :-). As you are already using some of my docker images the size downloaded will actually be a lot less than the size of the total image as it will use the base image already on disk.

• Like 1
Thank you [mention=6219]CHBMB[/mention] and [mention=11148]binhex[/mention], I have set an additional host path and mapped a folder on my cache drive. It seems to be working for now. There is indeed an option to set the temp folder through the Krusader settings, but I think a drive mapping is cleaner. 
For the record I don't actually use this, I'm not a fan of these graphical file managers and my suggestion was just a guess, see how it works out just be mindful that@binhex actually made this container and I was just passing through and made a suggestion.....

Good work@binhex, no offence, I just prefer CLI/MC ;)
15 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

For the record I don't actually use this, I'm not a fan of these graphical file managers and my suggestion was just a guess, see how it works out just be mindful that@binhex actually made this container and I was just passing through and made a suggestion.....

Just wanted to also credit you for the help, ofc I am aware of the fierce competition in the unRaid docker landscape... :P

I usually also fall back to MC, but Krusader is proving very useful in conjunction with unassigned devices for backups/images I create of machines outside my network. Additionally, MC needs something like screen to work after closing the terminal etc. 

53 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

TBH i use CLI too (love rsync), but i can def see the attraction of Krusader, i created it simply cos i know its used by a lot of people and the SB version was getting buggy, but i was surprised to see 10k downloads in 48 hours! ?

On 5/26/2018 at 1:06 AM, jonathanm said:

Awesome job on the container! Much better than the previous implementation.

I have an idea for a feature, which may not be fully possible, but maybe partially workable. Right now the trash feature of krusader copies the deleted files into the appdata config folder, ideally it would be nice to somehow integrate the samba recycle bin so that files deleted either by samba or krusader could be managed together.

Alternatively, could we have a separate mapping for the krusader trash? It would be nice to map that to the user share system so deleted files could stay on the same drive they were deleted from instead of being copied into the appdata share.

This would be difficult, there is no way to control where the Trash folder is written to, its currently located in /config/.local/share/Trash and this cant be changed by altering the config or by passing parameters to the application, only way of doing this is soft link which i dont really want to do tbh.

1 hour ago, binhex said:

This would be difficult, there is no way to control where the Trash folder is written to, its currently located in /config/.local/share/Trash and this cant be changed by altering the config or by passing parameters to the application, only way of doing this is soft link which i dont really want to do tbh.

bummer. So, at this point the best advice would be to either disable the trash function in krusader and be extra careful, or manually clean out the Trash folder?

I've never really needed a trash function, but I've recovered plenty of stuff from clients machines recycle bins, so I know some people seem to rely on a trash function to recover from user error.

1 minute ago, jonathanm said:

bummer. So, at this point the best advice would be to either disable the trash function in krusader and be extra careful, or manually clean out the Trash folder?

I've never really needed a trash function, but I've recovered plenty of stuff from clients machines recycle bins, so I know some people seem to rely on a trash function to recover from user error.

yeah i guess manual clean trash is probably the best you are going to get, thats if you use it, you can turn it off as you pointed out.

44 minutes ago, Jobine said:

It would be nice to add a username and password at startup.

Please NO!!!!  You logon onto the server with a user name and password.  When you logon, you have root privileges.  You  can log off from the GUI by clicking on a button if you wish to prevent access to this Docker.  Why introduce another username and password to get to a file manager  which has far less potential for doing damage than the 'popup' terminal built into the GUI that has absolutely no protection on it?  

Edited by Frank1940
  • Like 1