[Support] binhex - Krusader

On 6/8/2018 at 5:28 PM, binhex said:

ok so this is now done, please create an env var with key 'VNC_PASSWORD' value is the password you want, please ensure its 6 characters or more.

if you dont have the key present, or the value is blank (or less than 6 chars) then you wont be prompted for a password.

edit - its currently building so do a check for updates in about 30 mins.

This is awesome, and confirmed it worked for me. Thank you!

• Like 1

Tried to install the docker image..

The first time I used custom setting and got an error...

Next, tried to install with default settings and got the same error

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-krusader' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="America/Chicago" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e 'TEMP_FOLDER'='/config/krusader/tmp' -e 'WEBPAGE_TITLE'='Tower' -e 'VNC_PASSWORD'='' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6080:6080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-krusader':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-krusader' 
Unable to find image 'binhex/arch-krusader:latest' locally
/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: Get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/binhex/arch-krusader/manifests/latest: received unexpected HTTP status: 503 Service Unavailable.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a temporary issue with the server?

I just upgraded to Unraid 6.5.3... Is this an issue?

Thanks

On 6/10/2018 at 9:45 PM, Griz said:

When I start up Krusader after installing, I get a dialog box saying something to the effect of "Unable to write to /home/nobody.....  bookmarks won't work until you fix this".

What do I need to configure?

Capture.thumb.JPG.3d56623ba7dd492b6311d834f129c0da.JPG

@Griz Change your AppData Config Path to: /mnt/user/Docker/binhex-krusader

I had the same problem and this fixed it.

49 minutes ago, GHunter said:

@Griz Change your AppData Config Path to: /mnt/user/Docker/binhex-krusader

I had the same problem and this fixed it.

Thanks!   I just changed it from the cache drive to the user share like you and that fixed it.   /mnt/user/appdata/binhex-krusader

On 7/7/2018 at 7:44 PM, Chandler said:

Just switched over to your docker from sparky's and when I load up the web interface I am greeted with this. Any ideas?

possibly related to the browser you are using, i see that screenshot is taken from an ipad and thus i guess browser is safari (or mobile version there of), can you try viewing it using chrome on mac or pc?.

5 hours ago, binhex said:

possibly related to the browser you are using, i see that screenshot is taken from an ipad and thus i guess browser is safari (or mobile version there of), can you try viewing it using chrome on mac or pc?.

Sorry, forgot to post back here after trying on the PC. It did work on my PC but also the chrome browser on my phone as well as th chrome browser on my other iPad. It seems to just be this iPad where I get the error. It isn't that big of a deal but any idea why that might be happening? It's weird how it works on my other iPad but not this one. 

18 hours ago, Chandler said:

but any idea why that might be happening?

maybe your other ipad is a older model and there are some driver/graphics issues that manifest themselves for certain websites (i.e. novnc), unsure really. if you feel like you really want to get this fixed then please create a github 'issue' for it on the novnc github repo https://github.com/novnc/noVNC/issues

Edited by binhex
6 minutes ago, mkono87 said:

any reason why the file size would be 1.81gb?  Started getting an error that my docker.img is getting full.

Because that's the size of it.  (The compressed download is 600MB) Storage is cheap.  If you're not having any issues with out of control logging, downloading into the docker.img, are running a ton of apps, just increase the size.

Note also that the docker sizes are the "virtual size"  This means that if you have other apps that share the same image layers (IE: other containers from Binhex) then the actual size taken up may be smaller than the 1.8 GB

• 2 weeks later...

I am having *exactly* the same issue as jang430 (above ^) and would also love to know how to fix this and use Bokkmarks successfully.

And thank you so much for this update to the excellent Krusader, which I have come to rely on for almost everything related to file-maintenance on my trusty old unRAID system.

THANK YOU! (beers are a'coming)

Oops, and a second issue that just came up:

while the first folder moving operation between disks worked perfectly, my most recent attempt to move a 119.5GB folder from one disk to another has ended in the progress window staying at 99% and not finishing and closing, as it did after my first two move operations.

any ideas?

Update:

5 minutes later the file-operation progress window did disappear and the folder shows as having been moved completely...maybe this was due to it being about 10 times as large as the first two folders I moved?

Edited by tillkrueger
Update and syntax error
1 hour ago, tillkrueger said:

5 minutes later the file-operation progress window did disappear and the folder shows as having been moved completely...maybe this was due to it being about 10 times as large as the first two folders I moved?

progress bars are notorious for getting to 99% and stopping, its basically due to miscalculating the progress and thus it gets to 99% and looks like its stoped, in reality of course its probably at 80% or something and still going but obviously the bar cannot progress as its already reached 99%, microsoft progress bars actually go backwards sometimes :-), love microsoft.

2 hours ago, tillkrueger said:

I am having *exactly* the same issue as jang430 (above ^) and would also love to know how to fix this and use Bokkmarks successfully.

And thank you so much for this update to the excellent Krusader, which I have come to rely on for almost everything related to file-maintenance on my trusty old unRAID system.

THANK YOU! (beers are a'coming)

please attach the log file /config/supervisord.log here.

p.s. thanks for the beer money, its appreciated.

Edited by binhex
2 minutes ago, binhex said:

progress bars are notorious for getting to 99% and stopping, its basically due to miscalculating the progress and thus it gets to 99% and looks like its stoped, in reality of course its probably at 80% or something and still going but obviously the bar cannot progress as its already reached 99%, microsoft progress bars actually go backwards sometimes :-), love microsoft.

haha, yeah, you're right about that...thanks for clarifying!

Just now, tillkrueger said:

I don't see a supervisord.log file in my flash/config folder...why would that be the case?

when i say /config what im talking about is the host mapping you have configured for the krusader docker container, make sure you have advanced view enabled and you should then be able to see what it is, probably something like /mnt/cache/appdata/krusader or some such path.

2 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

ah, got it...here it is.

quick additional question:

> I installed the deprecated version of Krusader with the appdata path pointing to "krusader", and yours to "kde"...can I safely delete the "krusader" folder now, to avoid confusion?

supervisord.log

yes you can safely delete it if its not being being referenced by the new container.

your issue is related to permissions, snippet from your log:-

2018-07-23 19:09:11,968 DEBG 'start' stderr output:
cp: 
cannot create directory '/config/krusader/.config'
: Permission denied

so it looks like user 'nobody' (defined by PUID 99) and group 'users' (defined via PGID 100) do not have permissions to write to whatever host path /config is defined as. you can fix this by simply stopping the container and then run the following command, replacing the bit in <> with your host path to whatever /config is mounting:-

chown -R nobody:users <host path to /config>
chmod 755 -R <host path to /config>

then start the container again.

do NOT chown/chmod your entire cache drive, this can/will cause issues with other containers, just the krusader config folder only.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, tillkrueger said:

I will try that as soon as my current move operation is finished.

can I also use Transmit (the FTP client) to SFTP in and change the permissions of the config folder to 755?

depends on what the FTP client can do, untested, i know the above works via shell.