[Support] binhex - Krusader

6 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Look down to the bottom of the Krusader VNC window and click on the icon to see if it is possible that the app was just minimized.  

This I what I have, I am not sure where to look for it to be minimized. Is this the menu I should be in?

VNC-0.png

3 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

No here:

Capture.thumb.JPG.2834038060bca617320d2db0e31255eb.JPG

I am not sure if you are pointing to the windows task bar at the bottom, outside of the browser or not, but windows is not showing any VNC applications down there.  It only comes up with a new Chrome tab, with the left VNC menu slide out bar, and the gray background.  ?

VNC-1.png

Well, now I am in the same boat as you.  I was playing around trying to see it I could get the same condition as you got you self in.  When I right clicked on the Krusader icon down the task bar, the icon disappeared!   And nothing seems to work to bring it back.  

I am hoping that @binhex will jump up and tell us what to do---  Hopefully short of uninstalling the Docker and reinstalling it.  

1 minute ago, Frank1940 said:

Well, now I am in the same boat as you.  I was playing around trying to see it I could get the same condition as you got you self in.  When I right clicked on the Krusader icon down the task bar, the icon disappeared!   And nothing seems to work to bring it back.  

I am hoping that @binhex will jump up and tell us what to do---  Hopefully short of uninstalling the Docker and reinstalling it.  

I'm fine with installing and reinstalling, I never had anything in my taskbar, or anything else from VNC or Krusader to begin with.

I appreciate your time, Brother.  ?

and hopefully @binhex will assist.

On 8/10/2018 at 3:25 AM, Frank1940 said:

When I right clicked on the Krusader icon down the task bar, the icon disappeared! 

it will, this is how openbox (window manager) works, right clicking the icon in the taskbar closes the running application. if you happen to do this you have 2 options to start it again:-

@sekrit try the following:-

1. right click the desktop (not the taskbar) and select 'krusader' from the menu item

2. restart the container and it will auto start krusader

Edited by binhex
8 minutes ago, binhex said:

it will, this is how openbox (window manager) works, right clicking the icon in the taskbar closes the running application. if you happen to do this you have 2 options to start it again:-

@sekrit try the following:-

1. right click the desktop (not the taskbar) and select 'krusader' from the menu item

2. restart the container and it will auto start krusader

@binhexI see what you mean  (from within noVNC).  I selected Krusader.  and then I restarted Krusader from the Docker menu.

I Unfortunately still have no Krusader interface, just the gray screen.

Edited by sekrit
36 minutes ago, sekrit said:

@binhexI see what you mean  (from within noVNC).  I selected Krusader.  and then I restarted Krusader from the Docker menu.

I Unfortunately still have no Krusader interface, just the gray screen.

so you tried both options and its still not visible?, sorry to ask but you reply wasnt clear. assuming yes then can you try a different browser, it could be a plugin/addon causing a problem, it could even be cookie related. if all else fails then stop the container and delete all files/folders located in /config (whatever this maps to on your host) for this container and then restart.

7 hours ago, binhex said:

so you tried both options and its still not visible?, sorry to ask but you reply wasnt clear. assuming yes then can you try a different browser, it could be a plugin/addon causing a problem, it could even be cookie related. if all else fails then stop the container and delete all files/folders located in /config (whatever this maps to on your host) for this container and then restart.

Attempted on Chrome and Firefox, (Chrome adblocker disabled within domain / Firefox only plugin is for printing)

Selected krusader from right click menu

closed window

restarted from Docker screen

Same gray background with no interface for krusader

Not sure where you are telling me to delete from.  I have bein following along videos to the best of my ability from SpaceinvaderOne.  Beyond that, I have slowly attempted troubleshooting without causing issues until I am better versed on this. 

Could you please tell me where I should be deleting from?

WIll it recreate necessary files if I delete... or what should I expect to happen?

noVNC Situation 1 - Firefox.png

noVNC Situation 1 - Chrome.png

Edited by sekrit
On 8/12/2018 at 5:10 AM, sekrit said:

Could you please tell me where I should be deleting from?

you need to go to unraid web ui/docker tab/left click krusader icon and select edit/select "show more settings" - note the host path for this as this is where settings for the krusader container are kept. go to that location and delete all files/folders in there and then restart the container.

On 8/12/2018 at 5:10 AM, sekrit said:

WIll it recreate necessary files if I delete... or what should I expect to happen?

yes it will re-create everything, im assuming as you havent been able to see krusader ui yet that you have nothing configured, so deleting everything in the config folder for this container should result in no loss of config.

I just had the exact same problem as @sekrit and deleting the files as instructed by @binhex was not a success. Not I got a new kidn of grayish backdrop and no way to connect to Krusader

I had to delete the docker and reinstall it to get it working

Edit:
I just reprovoked the situation. This is the same thing that happened last time I got the gray screen.

I am moving a lot of files from one disk to another.

Got a popup that says I don't have the rights needed to move one of the files, so I just click "skip" to the dialogue.

After that everything disappears and I end up with a gray screen. Nothing to see on the taskbar in the bottom.

The files are still being moved, there's a lot of activity on my drives, and I verified that some of the files that was one one disk are now gone on disk 1 but are on disk 2 as they should be.

I hope this additional information can help.

Edited by Squazz
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’m really loving this new Krusader docker... game changer for managing files on my server!!

I’ve started running into issues with my docker.img file being too large and as a result have been looking into the size of all my dockers. I noticed that this docker is 2.1G in size. Is that normal? I tried emptying the trash but that didn’t seem to make a difference.

Any ideas on how to debug this?

On 8/2/2018 at 3:41 PM, plantsandbinary said:

No I asked specifically HERE in this thread about reverse proxying this particular container with letsencrypt. I don't have memory problems, someone deleted my post. It's still indexed in various search engines but the link just redirects to the first page in this thread.

I shouldn't have to spell this out. There is literally no reason why my post should have been deleted.

If someone has a working reverse proxy config for this, please share it.

sdsdfdsf.png

This is actually amazing that I am being ignored like this. I'd actually prefer to be told to piss off than have people just outright provide no explanation why my post was deleted and why no one wants to even try to answer my question.

This container does not play well at all with trying to reverse proxy the websocket part of novnc. It was working fine before the last update and now it stopped entirely and only gives me a broken page.

@binhex et al. Is there seriously no one who is going to reply to my question? How on earth do you reverse proxy this thing. I know someone has been able to do it and I would appreciate it if you could share your config, subdomain or subfolder, I don't mind.

Edited by plantsandbinary
54 minutes ago, plantsandbinary said:

et al. Is there seriously no one who is going to reply to my question?

if i had experience with using a reverse proxy for krusader, or reverse proxying anything for that matter (i dont use reverse proxy) then i would of chipped in, you arent being ignored, just nobody probably does this, thus no replies. please keep in mind this is a community here, nobody gets paid (including me) so replies are not guaranteed, whatever the question, please keep that in mind or you are going to upset a lot of people.

Hi @binhex I seem to be having issues with this docker on two unraid systems. one is dual Xeon E5 2680's with 50GB DDR3 ram other is i7 6700K with 32GB ram...main issue is if i leave this docker running a while it seems to take forever to close on either system

i just finished copying over a 10GB file and it just wont close (been 15min) the log is attached showing the last 24 hours since i started the docker. i am not using any extra parameters and my only added path is to /mnt  to kill it on my xeon system i had to disable docker then start it up and wait 10min for it to finish

docker-binhex-krusader.rtf