[Support] binhex - Krusader

• 2 weeks later...

Pick an interface… any interface 😁

Happy Holidays everyone! 🎅

I am fortunate enough to have picked up a (dual) 10Gbe Mellanox card for one of my unRAID servers that has Krusader on it. What I would like to do is specify one of the ports (eth2) that is peer-to-peer to another unRAID server. Is there a way that I can tell Krusader to only use the eth2 port and not the br0 (eth0 & eth1) that goes to my switch? My goal is to utilize the speed of the 10Gbe to do file transfers, backups, etc.

As always, all thoughts are greatly appreciated!

***EDIT***

Duh! Once I created a "Share" using the addy/path through the 10Gbe NIC, all the traffic in Krusader went through it. sheeesh... a little more left brain next time.

Now, if I could just get the speed up from 1Gbe (one) to 10(ish)Gbe, I would be a happy camper!

Going SSD to SSD (Crucial MX500) so, they should give me something in the 4Gbe range, instead of 1Gbe.

Going to bump the MTU up to 9000 and see if that helps.

Happy Ho Ho! 🎅

Edited by TechMed
Fixed it 'me-self' - DUH!

Hello!

I'm having a particularly annoying problem with Krusader.  I cannot get the synchronizer to work on an nfs share.  I'm trying to transfer all of my data from an old server to my new build (new to unRAID as well).  I have the left panel set to display my user share Movies.  I use the icon that looks vaguely like a resistor to make the nfs connection to my old server.  I can browse the directory, scroll, click into it, but as soon as I try and run the synchronizer, I get the following message: The file or folder /media/storage/Plex/Movies/ does not exist (this is the nfs share).  I have had luck doing a straight copy from the nfs share to my new unRAID setup, but the synchronizer is a no-go.

Any ideas?

--Never Mind.

I found the issue. IO had a bad nfs export that was reporting the wrong shares.  Eliminate the export, and eliminate the problem.

Edited by Moose_Flunky
Found Problem

hi - thanks for this great app!

I'm trying to connect to an internal FTP server and Krusader keeps failing - "Error: could not enter folder".

as a test, ive connected to this FTP from different computers AND from my unraid server using a different client (filezilla running as a docker container).

any ideas what to try?

Is there a way to secure the WebUI ?

Having an app as powerful as this that is not behind a password makes me nervous. I only start the app in unRAID when required, but leaving this on by mistake coupled with teenagers is just a disaster waiting to happen.

This seems to be the same for most Apps that use VNC. They all appear to be unsecured which is just a bad idea.

30 minutes ago, Coolsaber57 said:

This is probably a far-fetched request, but is there any chance of including a text editor like Gedit in this container? I often use this to look through config files and it would be super convenient to be able to edit text files in the container without using the terminal.

Not part of this docker, but there is already a plugin that will allow you to edit files. Look in Apps for CA Config Editor.

13 hours ago, trurl said:

but there is already a plugin that will allow you to edit files.

14 hours ago, Coolsaber57 said:

edit text files in the container

If you're looking to edit files which exist within a container, then you have no choice but to use terminal and exec into the container.

On the other hand, if you're looking to edit files which exist within appdata then the plugin will work for you.

5 minutes ago, Squid said:

If you're looking to edit files which exist within a container, then you have no choice but to use terminal and exec into the container.

On the other hand, if you're looking to edit files which exist within appdata then the plugin will work for you.

Well, technically a text editor could be added to the container just as Krusader was, but I understand if the maintainer doesn't want to add in the tool.  Most of my desire to edit files was so I could fix/change config files, which are in the /appdata folder, so the plugin is perfect for what I want to do.

20 hours ago, Coolsaber57 said:

This is probably a far-fetched request, but is there any chance of including a text editor like Gedit in this container? I often use this to look through config files and it would be super convenient to be able to edit text files in the container without using the terminal.

Not Gedit, but if you highlight the file, and either send F4 or go to File, Edit File, it will bring up an editor inside Krusader.

3 hours ago, gacpac said:

I like Krusader and don't use it often. But is this normal? 

I already emptied the trash and deleted the app and reinstalled again. 

image.png.f9a343c310a69dbf03dabdfb67bd891b.png

yes its normal for this image, there are some quite chunky packages required in order for this application to work.

• Upvote 1

@binhex

Setup Error:

Hello,

Had to reinstall (deleted ALL parts of previous i.e. appdata entries) but keep getting this error every time I start Krusader container (always acts like it is the first time it is being installed)

BH_Krusader_setup_error_01.png.3f980c8a070d1c18634f16de9176365d.png

(Note: plenty of disk space available)

Then...

When I try to create a bookmark in Krusader, I get this error.

Krusader_bookmark_error.png.0fba77b30575986333aec501c0291a9a.png

Here is the config:

BH_Krusader_config.thumb.png.19bfaa8115f908bb05df1e7490bf4947.png

As always, all assistance/direction is greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year to all!!!

2 hours ago, TechMed said:

BH_Krusader_config.thumb.png.19bfaa8115f908bb05df1e7490bf4947.png

As always, all assistance/direction is greatly appreciated!

Happy New Year to all!!!

can you click on "show more settings" as i want to see where /config is located, as this is where all krusader configuration is written to.

Edited by binhex
1 minute ago, TechMed said:

Here you go...

show_more_settings.thumb.png.eb8efbf801e554e66197077a2926f887.png

Sorry to bother you on a holiday.

I did try to figure this out via the wiki's and what have you.

ok that looks fine, and what are the permissions set for path /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/

incase you don't know how to do that, ssh into the host (or use the console screen in the ui) then issue the command:-

ls -al /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader

and then paste the result here.

Last login: Mon Dec 31 06:17:59 2018
Linux 4.18.20-unRAID.
root@Tower01:~# ls -al /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader
total 56
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users    64 Dec 31 02:58 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    60 Dec 31 02:57 ../
drwxr-xr-x 1 root   root      6 Dec 31 02:58 krusader/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   root    162 Dec 31 02:58 perms.txt
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 52431 Dec 31 06:06 supervisord.log*