Linux 4.18.20-unRAID.
root@Tower01:~# ls -al /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader
total 56
drwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users    64 Dec 31 02:58 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users    60 Dec 31 02:57 ../
drwxr-xr-x 1 root   root      6 Dec 31 02:58 krusader/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root   root    162 Dec 31 02:58 perms.txt
-rwxrwxr-x 1 nobody users 52431 Dec 31 06:06 supervisord.log*

yep thats your issue, so looks like krusder was initially installed as user 'root', group 'root' (or restored?) but your PUID is specifying user 'nobody' (id 99) and PGID is specifying group 'users' (id 100). so best thing to do is stop the container, then delete the file '/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-krusader/perms.txt' then start the container, this will then set permissions correctly for the defined PUID and PGID you specified.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, TechMed said:

Worked like a charm!

Thanks a bunch.

There are those of us who really do appreciate all you guys do to support the community!

Happy New Year my friend!

Happy New Year's Eve :-), thanks for the donation.

Edited by binhex
30 minutes ago, dakipro said:

Hi @binhex is it possible to access/use clipboard from the browser or client when accessing Krusader container?

Meaning, I can open a file in krusader editor, and copy/paste to my pc?

yes simply use the novnc built in clipboard function (pull out on the left side of the screen), so select the text in novnc, copy, then click on clipboard icon on pull out and then copy from the clipboard and paste to an editor on your pc.

• Like 1

Hi all, just installed Unraid for the first time and I'm looking at the daunting task of migrating 20TB of data. I found this plugin right away and it looks great, thank you!

I am trying to synchronize two folders, a local folder (Movies), and a remote SMB mount from my old NAS (using Unassigned Devices plugin). As the sync progresses, there are long pauses every couple of minutes it seems where Krusader becomes unresponsive, and Unraid also seems to be unresponsive (atlhough maybe not all the time that this happens?)

I saw an earlier post in this thread that mentioned enabling "fast writes", but I have no idea what that meant or where to find it.

Currently I am not running a parity drive, and I also do not have any cache drives setup - was going to wait until all of my transfers are completed to do those things.

Any ideas on what the issue is and how I can correct it? I attached a log file from the docker. Thanks!

Log for_ binhex-krusader.htm

Edited by torch2k
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

I ve come across Unraid while i was testing freenas and xpenology due to a task ive been given for a nas server only for 2 mac's which will be using the nas for storing data and an external backup. When i had no luck with freenas even though i configured it ok and shared content which was viewable and editable by both mac's i couldnt make an external hard drive to be seen internally by the nas and copy paste the old data from external disk inside to gain time. Each time i tried to mount it, was importing all the files inside the nas disks (didnt want that at all - time consuming) and after that i was able to move them only by command line or by sahre using the network.

Anyway, enough with my little story. I came across Unraid and i am willing to pay instead of my company for the software licence but i have to present them a full solution. I have the nas home testing it  and until now i installed it ok, installed the plugin in order for the apps to show up. I was able to share files but in Unraid there is no special mac os share as i ve come to realize and not sure if people there using mac will be able to see shares (Do I have to make a special kind of share for macs - I know issue for another thread)

Finally i installed Krusader, read 12 page posts here and watched the famous video <<Easily move, copy and sync files to unRAID, within unRAID and from unRAID using Krusader>> still no luck undestand what i have to fill in the first page before installation for the options Host port /path ...etc ..etc

I am using ver 6.6.6 with the latest version of krusader, only one hdd  in xfs file format for demo purposes. So no cache, no parity disks yet. I need help with paths probably. Here is what I ve left with before installation

Untitled.thumb.jpg.0bee86c2158176cbb0966c9b474bb120.jpg

So  from add path i have to make the unassigned  devices path (ok with that), a Flash path mounting to /boot/  (ok with that too) but by default the host path 1  isn't there. Whats the difference letting  cointer path /mnt/user instead of plain /mnt/  that many of you have in your print screens. Also the appdata path? Should i leave as it is or change it to /mnt/user/appdata/kde?  (user means root?)

Any help would be appreciated because im running out of time

Thank you in advance

Edited by ieronymous
16 minutes ago, ieronymous said:

still no luck undestand what i have to fill in the first page before installation for the options Host port /path ...etc ..etc

Watch This.  Unfortunately, @SpaceInvaderOne didn't include the dancing girls that I asked for, but he does do a good job of explaining a concept that's so simple that its hard to explain.  Additionally, you can look here:  https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/?tab=comments#comment-564306

Whats the difference letting  cointer path /mnt/user instead of plain /mnt/

In "english", the only difference between using /mnt/user and /mnt is that when the former will only allow Krusader to operate on shares (which is the safer method)  The latter allows Krusader to operate on shares and the raw disks, which depending upon what you are try to do has the potential to corrupt data

Also the appdata path? Should i leave as it is or change it to /mnt/user/appdata/kde?

*Generally*, you never need to touch the appdata path.  Ever.  Its automatically filled out according to your default appdata path that's set in Settings - Docker.

(user means root?)

Not quite sure what you mean by this

Edited by Squid
  • Upvote 1

Well i pressed done in configuration after setting the extra mounting points and came up with the following error

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='binhex-krusader' --net='bridge' --privileged=true -e TZ="Europe/Athens" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'TEMP_FOLDER'='/config/krusader/tmp' -e 'WEBPAGE_TITLE'='Tower' -e 'VNC_PASSWORD'='' -e 'UMASK'='000' -e 'PUID'='99' -e 'PGID'='100' -p '6080:6080/tcp' -v '/mnt/user':'/media':'rw' -v '/mnt/disks/':'UNASSIGNED DEVICES':'rw' -v '/boot/':'FLASH':'rw' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-krusader':'/config':'rw' 'binhex/arch-krusader'

/usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: invalid volume specification: '/mnt/disks/:UNASSIGNED DEVICES:rw': invalid mount config for type "bind": invalid mount path: 'UNASSIGNED DEVICES' mount path must be absolute.
See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

Probably because of the error no Krusader show up in installed plugins (in which you select a plugin url and paste it but none mentioned what to choose in the below section -> select local plug in path)

Edited by ieronymous
6 minutes ago, ieronymous said:

'/mnt/disks/':'UNASSIGNED DEVICES

6 minutes ago, ieronymous said:

invalid mount path: 'UNASSIGNED DEVICES' mount path must be absolute

You're missing the leading slash / on UNASSIGNED DEVICES

Edited by Squid
18 hours ago, Squid said:

You're missing the leading slash / on UNASSIGNED DEVICES

Thank you ... probably a typo. So i m in the krusader, plugged in a usb stick and mounted. After mount a folder created inside UNASSIGNED DEVICES with the name New_Volume but inside that folder no contents of the usb drive.

When i also go to mnt folder, no <<disks folder>> inside as it supposed to be. What am i doing wrong again?

Ps My share exists in /media/Music Data Base (opposed to the video i ve seen in which <<Spaceinvader One>>  shares were on /UNRAID/user/Test)

Edited by ieronymous
6 hours ago, Squid said:

Thanks. In case anyone else searches for the same thing... you have to go to dockers, find krusader, edit the icon, go to unassigned devices which was mounted to /mnt/disks/ and edit that path to change the R/W or R to R/W Slave or R Slave. Did the trick even though i dont know the difference between these two options.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to do everything with installing binhex-krusader. I have not seen ever the binhex-krusader Gui to work. And it seems to be 100% useless if the gui won't open. Any ideas?

Docker list when I click binhex-krusader there is only Console option and not Gui.

I've been trying to do everything with installing binhex-krusader. I have not seen ever the binhex-krusader Gui to work. And it seems to be 100% useless if the gui won't open. Any ideas?

Docker list when I click binhex-krusader there is only Console option and not Gui.
How exactly did you add it

Sent via telekinesis

2 hours ago, JQNE said:

Any ideas?

Since I noticed you had already asked this in the wrong place, I just thought I would mention that you can get to the correct support thread for any docker by clicking on its icon in the Unraid webUI and selecting Support. Or by using the Support link for the docker on the Apps page.

As for your problem, we need more information. See the very first link in the Docker FAQ:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-real-docker-faq/

5 hours ago, JQNE said:

I searched with community applications binhex-krusader and installed it. Used spaceinvaders video tutorial for how to setup krusader.

Did you install it via "Get More Results from docker Hub?"

Your screen shot show no icon for it either.  Remove the image, then reinstall it by searching for Krusader.  The template has both an image and a webUI entry set.

20 hours ago, trurl said:

Also some things about your shares that are not optimal, and your cache disk is nearly full.

Go to the Shares page, click on Compute All button, wait (will take some time) for the results, and post a screenshot.

I know it is. There are 3 operating systems on cache... And I also added 120Gb drive after last post.1276437815_ScreenShot2019-02-11at17_45_06.thumb.png.9b217256fe04b9292256d1ec43a77dc8.png 

21 hours ago, Squid said:

Did you install it via "Get More Results from docker Hub?"

Your screen shot show no icon for it either.  Remove the image, then reinstall it by searching for Krusader.  The template has both an image and a webUI entry set.

Yes I clicked docker hub results when installed on first time. I just removed binhex-krusader and reinstalled it. This time just cliked straight binhex-krusader. Same thing. No icon for binhex-krusader. And also no Gui button.